One ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot

Reaction score
Iam growning two plants in a DWC system,now my quetion is if I have to kill one off becuse its male, will the roots from that plant causs rote in the tank??Cuss I dont think one can get all the roots out..
There getting big, and Iam about ready to flip to 12-12 time..
Any thoughts would be appecated..
Oneshot

there will be some root fragments try and remove all roots that are seen you can remove female flush its roots clean and put back in bucket and apply some H2O2 to keep water clean, IMO there will be some tiny unseen fragments in the res they will not be a problem if you use some H2O2

oneshot,

Are they in the same pot or separate? If separate, are the roots seriously intertwined?

If the roots aren't seriously intertwined, pull them both out of the DWC, put the female into PHed water, discard the male, drain and THOROUGHLY CLEAN THE REZ AND ANY CIRCULATING SYSTEM YOU MAY HAVE.

At this point refill the rez with new nute solution and reinsert the female and go on like normal. You will not be in any worse situation than if you had just moved them from one rez to another.

On the other hand if the roots are seriously intertwined or they are in the same pot, you probably will loose the mother too if you try to remove the male. It just depends on how much damage you do to the roots of the lady while you are removing the male.

It is possible -- but highly unlikely -- that you could just cut the male without messing with intertwined roots, but I would highly doubt it. If the roots are seriously intertwined, I'm afraid you're pretty much screwed. One ting you could do if you are trying to keep the female because of its genetics is to clone it and then do whatever you have to do about the male. In fact that would be my recommendation any way is to clone the female immediately and then do what ever you have to do about the male/female cohabitation problem you have.

Good smoking.

well i will try this one more time,sent reply email 2 times now,,GRRRRRRRRRR
My thanks to all bfirst and heres my system...DWC,3g nutes..the plants are thia x scunk,two plants,5 week in veging,there 7in. tall,7 or 8 nodes,now and not showing sex yet or mature off set nodes either....very very bushey..
I think i will try going to 12-12 time and see if i can find there sex..
If one shows male just keep it pruined way back??
anymore advice would be great..
oneshot

well this is why most do one plant one container..let me throw out my thaughts....

first they are only 5 weeks..I would continue to veging for a few more they will show...if ya have the overhead room...IMO the roots will rot in the solution and cause serious issues...your best bet would be to...when Male is a sure thing..start removeing all the new shoots..this meens you will need to look and inspect more then twice a day..remove everything accept the fan leafs..Im hopeing for two females 4u..:lama: Take care and be safe

Merry Christmas:ciao:

Whenever I grow multiple plants in one container, I keep the roots separated. Everyother day or so, I will lift the pots out of the res to make sure the roots are not becoming too entwined. Roots left in the res will rot as 4U has noted.

thanks hemp
Theyare in the same DWC and yes the roots are twinded together.now,theyare 5 week in vegging,7in. tall 7 to 8 nodes and the strain is thia x scunk,grow hight they say is around 2.65ft or 80cm tall..mine is 7 to 8 in. and the stems are as big as a little finger and very bushy..shoots growing everywhere..They are not mature yet,node still two shoot per node,if i go to 12-12 timming it should show sex...plus change the light to HPS light..
One more thought,what if one is a male,could you just keep pruining it back and keep it small??
anymore thought would be great..
oneshot

When I get roots intertwined with clones in my bubbler I can usually gently swish the roots around while *gently* pulling them apart and they separate nicely. I don't know how much of a spaghetti nightmare you have going on but it may be worth a try... Good luck!:cool:

Latest posts

Back