only growing veggies for now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docfishwrinkle

Reaction score
well got my overcrowded garden in again this year (300sqft). cant grow mj as of now :eek:, so im glad @ least i have something to grow to supress my addiction. oh i also have a 160sqft community plot
soil stats

sandy loam
compost
bokashi compost
1 bale promix bx w/ myco
50# mushroom compost
10# dolomite
1/2# potash
10# 5-10-5 1st year outta 7 for chems in garden :eek:. had 2 cause cant supply enough organic
adzomite in each hole

toms got a lil extra kick w/ organic tomatoes alive plus

*all ammendments were around from MJ grows*

the plants

brussels sprouts
potatoes
black prince toms
mr stripey toms
sweet 100 toms (topsy turvy)
seranos
jalapenos
red beauty sweet pepper
purple beauty " "
snap peas
purple pole beans
cheddar cauliflower
broccoli
buttercrunch head lettuce

weimaraner-maximus
american bulldog-gracie

had 2 move interior pool fence to keep my dogs out. last year they were constantly helping themselves 2 a salad buffet. never seen dogs eat such a variety of veggies. last yr max was wandering around w/ 1/2 ate butternut squash. talk about the squirts. lol

DSCN1292.JPG

DSCN1294.JPG

DSCN1295.JPG

DSCN1296.JPG

DSCN1300.JPG

naw unfortunately this season id gone for plants. didnt have time 2 do seed so i couldnt get crazy.

5 days short of 2 months in the ground & ive already harvested 2 heads cheddar cauliflower & 4 heads broc along w/ handfuls of broc flowerettes. tom plants are 4 1/2 foot. soon ill be filling in cauli & broc voids w/ buttercrunch bib. ive been experimenting w/ diff teas appropriate for time period of plant stages. so between that & building up the soil for 6 yrs garden is in full swing. topsy turvy is good for people who cant have a real garden. works well but nowhere the size of my others. gave the turvy some nice soil blend & tons of organics. only ***** on the turvy is i believe they used a petroleum based foam disc which holds the plant. this is giving plant probs. anyone else notice this? pic in rocks is a gooseberry, related to currents but sweet & much larger. planted a stick this spring & its booming. even gave me 2 berries to share w/ wife. flower is potato. well gotta go mow b4 the rain.:D

DSCN1334.JPG

DSCN1336.JPG

DSCN1338.JPG

DSCN1339.JPG

DSCN1340.JPG

DSCN1341.JPG

DSCN1342.JPG

DSCN1343.JPG

DSCN1344.JPG

DSCN1345.JPG

Your garden looks great. Nice diversity of type and harvest time.
I had to look at least five times before I figured out what the horse shoe pit was. When you only see one it dose'nt click at first. Anyway keep posting pics, nice garden. Other members also have veggie garden pics in threads like"gardenshots" and "largest tomato compitition" .
Take care and good growing.

Wow...everything looks great!!!

Max however looks like a bad boy in the first set of pictures...LOL

Looks Great Doc...will try and fallow along..Tastey looking plants

take care and be safe

very nice Doc....yea my dogs hit my garden early too and the cantalopes suffered and my "Poncho" got into the waatermelon patch and now avoids it ( the squirts bout did him in....lol)

well 6/6 broc r done. 4/6 cheddar cauli are done so i think its time to put in buttercrunch lettuce that i didnt have room for earlier. to those who grow leaf lettuce. if u already dont know when comes time to harvest cut @ 2" above ground & youll have a plant that keeps on giving. dont pull plant.

I already did that :-( but the heat was wilting the hell out of 'em. My back yard is bare as a monkey's butt so next year will be MUCH BETTER and will have a "green house" set -up runnin.

As a side note when i lived in so cali i grew roses the size of dinner plates ! Roses LOVE coffee grounds and the smell will come alive.
This year was tough with me gettin leg surgeries etc. So overall it was very lacking ( garden wise).

Eh Doc nice results with the veggies. Lovin the size of them tomato plants what type are they? Peppers too geez you guy's must have some tasty fresh dinners at your house :)

tasty salads indeed beaver. toms r mr. stripey & black prince. theyre 5' plus & about 3 1/2' wide. useing 54" cages that r now tent staked 2 keep from falling over. its a hell of a time when it rains cause i keep that soil loose. have yet 2 harvest one yet. sweet 100'S in topsy turvey have been keepin our mouths happy though. the plant just keeps givin'.

I wish I had of got some tomatoes in earlier now its kind of late. Next year I will be asking you for some veggie tips since most of my yard is all ornamental flowers and lilys

Latest posts

Back