opinions needed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL--no, we are not afraid to experiment. Thirty years ago that was all we did--almost everything was trial and error. Those of us that have been growing for many many years used CFLs when HIDs were not readily available. Once upon a time it was almost your only choice. Now we have much better more efficient lighting. And there is no truth to the statement that "L.E.D's give you more bang for the bucks"--while LEDs may get there someday, they are not there yet. They can in no way compete with a HPS. HPSs are not dinosaurers--they are the best lights out there for the best money that grows the best bud. There is a reason that all the pros use HPS--it is simply better.

There goes THG hating on CFL's again......lol

I don't care if ya want to grow with flashlights.....just don't go becoming an advocate for it. There are better more efficient ways to grow your bud.....that is all we are trying to say.

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--no, we are not afraid to experiment. Thirty years ago that was all we did--almost everything was trial and error. Those of us that have been growing for many many years used CFLs when HIDs were not readily available. Once upon a time it was almost your only choice. Now we have much better more efficient lighting. And there is no truth to the statement that "L.E.D's give you more bang for the bucks"--while LEDs may get there someday, they are not there yet. They can in no way compete with a HPS. HPSs are not dinosaurers--they are the best lights out there for the best money that grows the best bud. There is a reason that all the pros use HPS--it is simply better.
:hubba:

greenphene said:
One thing more to add. You see how skinny my last plant was. I took my experience from my last grow. Then I did some research and gained mor cultivation knowledge. Then I used what I learned in my previous experiences and my plants are double the size of my
Last plant. Next grow I will take what I learned and apply it to my next grow. If you ask me in the future will I buy HPS LIGHTS. MY ANSWER WOULD BE NO. NOT FOR THE BOX I HAVE SHOWED IN MY PICTURE. FOR ME IT'S JUST FINE FOR WHAT IM DOING. FAR AS ONLY GETTING A EIGHTH FOR TWO MONTHS. I DON'T CARE BECAUSE IM BLAZING ANYWAY. YOU KNOW MEDICQL MARIJUANA STORES. IM ALWAYS WELCOME THERE ANY WHERE IN CALIFORNIA. ANYTHING I GROW IS EXTRA. I SMOKE ALL DAY EVERYDAY. WHETHER I GROW ARE NOT. FOR OVER TWO DECADES. MY CONTRAPTION IS FUN. IM NOT IN THE BIGGEST NUGGET CONTEST. IM NOT INTERESTED. IM JUST MESSING AROUND JUST LIKE THE OTHER NEWBIES. yeah good luck on the grow my farmer buddy. Don't be afraid to jump out the box from time to time

So let me get this right: you have money to buy herb to smoke... but no money to upgrade your setup....?

The whole point here is to grow yourself enough to not pay anyone for smoke... no??

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
So let me get this right: you have money to buy herb to smoke... but no money to upgrade your setup....?

The whole point here is to grow yourself enough to not pay anyone for smoke... no??

greenphene said:

talkin to you is a waste of time and effort... Im sure it wont be any problem for you to find a baby food jar to store your meds in... :hubba: you may even need 2 of them... :hubba: :hubba:

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
talkin to you is a waste of time and effort... Im sure it wont be any problem for you to find a baby food jar to store your meds in... :hubba: you may even need 2 of them... :hubba: :hubba:
One jar will due. I'll set them next to the jars I get from my medical supply house. :hubba:

greenphene said:
One jar will due. I'll set them next to the jars I get from my medical supply house. :hubba:

The jars you pay for? the jars you wouldnt have to buy if you had an
HPS. you can see how easily the HPS can pay for itself in one grow.

dman1234 said:
The jars you pay for? the jars you wouldnt have to buy if you had an
HPS. you can see how easily the HPS can pay for itself in one grow.

Lol ooooo0000 wow!
By the way Hemp Goddess, how and where did you get an HPS setup so cheap .. ***???
I'll try growing my plant with a cfl first. But im still open to other ideas. I might try a HPS set-up if i can get it for the price you did.

BudMan101 said:
Lol ooooo0000 wow!
By the way Hemp Goddess, how and where did you get an HPS setup so cheap .. ***???
I'll try growing my plant with a cfl first. But im still open to other ideas. I might try a HPS set-up if i can get it for the price you did.

Bottom line is you gotta do the best that you can with what ya got. When I first started growing I thought I was going to be able to just use those Big Cfl's as well but after researching and seeing other growers results first hand I realized I needed an HPS. Except for the initial cost they are the better cheaper light to run.

145 dollars shipped to your house>>> ebay.com/itm/400w-Watt-Digital-Ballast-Grow-Light-HPS-MH-Lamps-Bat-Econo-Wing-econowing-/120816992484?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c214100e4#ht_3205wt_1022

Personally I like 600w systems better and wld go with a cool tube or air cooled hood but I started out with a 400w HPS in a 2x4 tent.

I'm an incredible shopper. I keep my eyes open everywhere I go. I found 2 150W HPS enclosed security lights at a yard sale for 2 bucks each and used a Pyrex Bake-around and a few other things to make up a 300W air-coolable HPS. I also found a 400W MH with an air coolable hood for $20 at a storage unit sale.

You are not going to be able to grow a plant with "a cfl"--it is going to take a whole lot of them. Your yield is largely determined by your lighting. If you want to pay more for less, go ahead. I am personally through with this discussion. You basically have the facts you need--whast you do with them from here is up to you--ounces or grams.....

Latest posts

Back