Organic Material Questions ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kindbud

Grower
Reaction score
Ok so i am going to try to do this years grow totaly organic and i have heard and read alot of things that will give my plants all the N, P and K they need. But i have heard things that i just said what no way in my head so post what organic materals you use and how you used them! but anyways i was reading some thing just reading things on other forums and stuff but anyway hear are what ive read and heard do you think they are true or false........ i know banana skin is very high in k ive read that you can boil them in water and water the plant with the boiled water and it will be high in k or otherwise know as potash??? what do yall think about that one?? Hear some things i was wondering about ok every one knows fish is good for your plants right but what about the liquid substance that you usualy pour out when you open a can of tuna fish to make a sandwitch??? if you mixed it in with water when watering your plants think it would help??

and ive read from this chart www.primalseeds.org/npk.htm thanks hick i found it one day reading a post you made but anyway it says that feathers is high in N but i dont understand how i would used it stick some into the soil?? or what and i see from that chart also sugar is high in P and a little bit of N could i also mix it into the water when i water a very small amount though like a cup full? something like that right and im talking about like a gallon worth of water or whatever...... going to list somethings from that chart that i wounder if i could mix into the water and it would help?? wood ash, eggs, coffee grounds and tea grounds, egg shells, hair etc what are your opinons???????????

...."most" of those items mentioned need to compost in order to be beneficial... "IMO"
or brewed as a "tea" at least.

hey kindbud. that npk of things chart is one of my most used guides. but if you notice it does say npk of random "composted" material. ;)

Its very easy to compost if you got a place outside to do it. can do it inside..but no thanks LOL

I just dug a wide hole bout a 1' or 2 deep. I shove horse manure, veggie trash cow chips, egg shells, random feild mushrooms, ashes from the wood stove, anything organic and non-meat byproduct. I also toss in a couple dozen of red wrigglers. i turn it every now and then. I got two holes. one i take from 1 i feed until one pit is almost gone from my use. There's tons of ways to compost. just google it. free way to supply your own good soil. I just add perlite and a touch of lime and my plants love it ;)

yeah i did see that i was thinking everyone was going to say that and ive got a place outside to do it ive done one before using a black bucket im going to start one pretty soon but ill probably end up using a little ferts and nutes maybe not if i can get this organic stuff down to a sciences lol ive been read alot about it so i think i can figure it out was just trying to take a SHORT CUT LOL

Latest posts

Back