Organic Mazar X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puffnstuff

Reaction score
This is an experimental organic grow journal. My plan is to mix up a batch of organic soil of my own recipe, activate the micro-beasties and then transplant my Mazar X seedling's into the mix and see what happens. I have already mixed the soil and added teas to activate it, has been cooking for a week plus. Today I started germinating 20 seeds in a shot glass. more info coming soon. I know everyone wants pics soooo. here ya go, not much to see, yet. Any tips or suggestions will be welcome, most anyway....
puff

20 mazar seed's.jpg

germ 1.jpg

wheel barrow of soil.jpg

soil closeup.jpg

Making your own soil and teas eh? Good experience to have with you. I've thought about making my own compost for my plants... I hear it's good for your plants and the environment. Looking forward to seeing those beans sprout! What kind of grow space do you have? Indoor or out?

yupp...gonna' give it shot the ol' fashion way, just like ol' Henry Johnson. This will be indoor, same room as my russian's, when their done. I have to figure out were to vegg them though....hmmm... hadn't really thought of THAT yet...lol...I'll get the soil mix and other grow specs up soon.
puff

edit: vegg space...hmm...guess it's back to the 4' tubes unless one of you want to loan me a 400 mh for a few week's?...no?...oh well, I think I feel my wallet getting skinnier again.

below is a cut and paste from another thread I started in the organics section. It has a little history about my conversion to organics. I have used up all of the first half mix, had some small problems and have amended the second half mix to hopefully solve the problems and not create other problems.

begin paste

Ive been useing MG 3 month feed for all of my previous and current grows but want to get away from yuck bud and try to grow something that tastes a little better. I went on a search around town and didnt find much in the way of organic potting soil, not many choices. So i bought a little of everything to mix together. what I bought was Mg organic-1.2cuft(with chicken stuff), Black Magic organic(withworm castings)- 1 cuft, Organic humas 1 cuft, mushroom compost - 1 cuft, composted steer manure - 1cuft and composted chicken #### - 1 cuft. and 2 8qt bags of perlite(its the only size i found) I also bought some bone meal, blood meal and kelp from Sweet Earth, they claim to be organic. So when i got home I cleaned and bleached the old 8 cuft wheelbarrow and let it dry. then I through in the MG organic, Black magic organic, humas and mushroom compost and mix them up real good. I also added the 2 8qt. bags of perlite. My reasoning with mixing the MG and BM together is that one has chicken and the other has worm castings, a little of both? anyway my wheelbarrow was getting hard to mix at this point so I measure off 1/2 of the mix into a sterile garbage can and set it aside(in case i screw up the first half). Then I added to the remaining mix in the wheel barrow 1/2 of the bag of steer maure and 1/4 of the bag of chicken ###(already have some in there from the MG). I also added per instructions on the box's 16oz of blood meal and 16oz bone meal plus 24oz of kelp and mix them in. To test my mix for drainage I filled a 4" pot and watered. It didnt drain very well so I went out to the walkway and scooped up some gravel, cleaned and bleached then added 1/4 volume to a small test batch, mixed it in and she drains good now. Does this sound like it will work? I also as a test have transplanted a single clone into the mix to see if it dies...

end paste

So thats were we start today. I actually ended up transplanting 2 clones when the first seemed to be ok. I later had a mg defficiency and had to add dolomite lime which solved the deff. (I also transplanted a FEW others into the mix and they seem fine at this point. My new mix will be the 1/2 of the remaining base mix.
1/2 cuft miracle grow organic with chicken stuff
1/2 cuft black magic organic with worm castings (not much i'll bet)
1/2 cuft organic humas
1/2 cuft mushroom compost
8 qts perlite
plus my new ammendments will be:
1 cuft peat moss
1 cuft. pure worm castings
1/4 cuft composted chicken poo
1/2 cup epson salt
4 cups dolomite lime
4 cups alfalfa meal
4 cups blood meal
8 cups bone meal
4 cups kelp
4 lb green sand
1.75 cuft vermiculite
2-3 cuft perlite (will test drainage to determine actual amount)

I haven't added the 1.75 cuft of vermiculite or the 2-3 cuft of perlite yet. not enough room in the wheel barrow and I figured it could wait untill the soil was active and ready to put in the pots.

This is what I came up with after reading for about 500 hours, then 2 days ago I ran into something called "vic's super soil" and it is pretty close to mine. It IS a little hot but I wont transplant straight into it. I will start them in a milder mix of.
1 part peat moss
1 part worm castings
1 part perlite
1 dash of lime (sprinkle really) soaked into the moss before hand

I will then transition them thru a blend of soil mix and worm/peat to ease them into the food at transplant time, uping the strength as they get bigger untill at the final transplant into 5 gal buckets it will be pure soil mix. I figure on 3 transplants in all. 4"-6"-2gal-5gal. I have a good supply of organic supplies, guanos, alfalfa, misc box's of this and that plus some "fert in a bottle" stuff to incase I need them. I have neptunes harvest fish, seaweed and fish and seaweed combo, plus Botanicare pure blend pro grow, pure blend pro soil bloom, liquid karma, cal-mag, silica blast and earth juica microblast, molassas etc. etc. etc. So I am well armed, but can I shoot? we'll see.
puff

just took a look, not expecting anything yet...but...they are alive. pics below.
puff

alive 1.JPG

close 1.jpg

All but 1 of the seeds has popped so I stuck them in the dirt. I mixed up my seedling mix of peat, worm and perlite and it just looked to dry and chunky for seeds so I added another part worm and another part of peat with lime, 1 Tbs per gallon of peat. This looked alot more seed freindly to me. I also decided to add another variable to my experiment. I have planted 8 seeds in a half and half mix of seedling mix and my high octane mix, just to see how they handle it. I know the soil isn't fully active yet but what the heck right? ok so I planted my 20 seeds in my 20 pre-prepaired 4" pots and ....whats this? an extra seed? hmmm...so did I miss a pot? or have 21 seeds? dont know...soo....I grabbed a 5" pot and filled it with straight high octane mix and planted it...maybe it will live? maybe it will kick ###? we'll see. I planted the 1 seed that hadn't popped in the half and half mix and marked it. I soaked them down real good and took a couple pics. nuttin' to see yet. more soon. see ya'
puff

1.jpg

2.jpg

oh, i guess it was 21 seeds, just looked at the pic and counted them, 21. oops. well, i really wanted to try the srtaight mix anyway.
puff

ok we have 17 sprouts, I dont think anymore will come up. The uncracked seed was the 8th to break surface. The seed in straight full strength soil mix did NOT come up, bummer, probably smoked it. anyway here's a pic, not much to see yet. but soon, very soon. I have them under a pair of 4' tube's, standard shop light bulbs, cheapest you can get. I will switch them to 600 mh when the girls are done but for now it's just the tubes. I might have to do something else sooner but we will see. I am going to lst these babies and am thinking of try scrog with them, but it kinda depends on how many girls I get out of the bunch. anyway I will lst to get clones asap.
puff

edit: lol...can't count, make that 17 sprouts....lol....sheesh..duh, what grade did puff graduate from?

mazar sprouts 18.jpg

time for an update, 13 day's in the dirt and they are looking good so far. I find it interesting that the ones in the 1/2 and 1/2 soil /seedling mix seem to be doing better overall than the ones in the plain seedling mix. what do you think? seedlings are supposed to not need or even like nutes for a while. it has been 2 weeks so maybe they are just starting to take off? I haven't been paying enough attention to them to be sure....oops. I'll try to keep a better eye on them, they will need transplanting soon, another week or so. anyway here are a couple pics for you.
puff

seedlings.JPG

side.JPG

I have added the vermiculite and perlite to the soil mix, I ended up adding only 4 gallons of vermiculite and 8 gallons of perlite, any more and it just doesn't look plant freindly to me, not enough organic matter and too much fluff. I dont want to have to water every day either, I guess if you wanted more control over nutes and wanted to, and had time to, it would be better in some ways. BUT...I am aiming for a much easier method, I am trying to reach a point were I dont add nutes at all. I want it all in my soil, start to finish. I will add teas and maybe some other organic goodies along the way with the aim of learning the weak spots in my mix so I can improve it next time. I will be learning the whole time. I have read that even if you reach the point of not needing extra nutes, yeild and quality can still be increased with teas so I'll be paying a lot of attention to what happens along the way.
puff

I know, I know, this is the most boring journal ever written, must be..cuzz nobody ever looks at it. things will perk up though, I promise. Every good journal has to have some sparkle,...some pizzazz, some kind of action.....Soooo, in the interest of creating interest....I have decided to give you all (yes all 4 of you) a peek at my top secret experimental organic project, code named "organic white russian". sshhhh....dont tell anyone else I showed these to you. These are the "few" clones that I breifly refer to in the cut and paste above...NO ONE has ever seen these babies before...not even my wife...and she see's all and know's all, thats how secret this experiment has been...now, you are welcome to look, but please dont touch.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

boring bro them pics are SICK!!! what are them in above 2 or 3 gallon, and man mad props on making your own soil i tried it but with all homedepot supplies didnt turn out nearly as good as my new fox farm pre mixed soil.

hehehe...they are only in 1 gallon pots. they are real small cuzz I torchered them when they were young. I transplanted them from super soil(the stuff in the brown bag) into my 1st mix at about 4-6". They were all very defficiant at the time because super soil is weak stuff, great for clones and seedlings but I left them in it way to long for this test. I wanted them defficiant and starving to see if my soil would give them what they needed, make sense? get them hungry and see if I have the right food for them in my mix. If I didn't have something or enough of something it would show up REAL quick, I thought. Turns out my mix was lacking mg. and it DID show up but took longer than I expected. Thats why you see all of the deff. damage on some of the leaves half way up on the plants. ANYWAY, I did this transplant right smack in the middle of stretch....yupp, I washed ALL of the old soil off of the roots and stuck them in my soil mix. I think that they have done pretty well in my 1st mix for all of that stress and abuse I gave them, and not 1 hermie among them, never have seen a hermie yet, my time will come. They are about 10-15 days out from harvest, my first organic buds...can't wait.....in fact I didn't wait...lol...after I got the first bit of drying done on mom I quick dryes a bud to test for taste probs from the miricle gross soil she was in, then for comparison I snipped off a little popcorn bud from the bottom of one of these and quick dried it, there is a big difference in the taste of organic and miricle grow bud let me tell ya'. So much of a difference that I am considering the idea of switching my big russian girls to organic, even at this late stage of the grow.....probably wont do it cuzz I dont want to risk them on such a drastic measure. Any of you folks ever transplant 30" plants 4 or 5 weeks from harvest? I would like to hear about it if you have done this. thanks
puff

puffnstuff said:
hehehe...they are only in 1 gallon pots. they are real small cuzz I torchered them when they were young. I transplanted them from super soil(the stuff in the brown bag) into my 1st mix at about 4-6". They were all very defficiant at the time because super soil is weak stuff, great for clones and seedlings but I left them in it way to long for this test. I wanted them defficiant and starving to see if my soil would give them what they needed, make sense? get them hungry and see if I have the right food for them in my mix. If I didn't have something or enough of something it would show up REAL quick, I thought. Turns out my mix was lacking mg. and it DID show up but took longer than I expected. Thats why you see all of the deff. damage on some of the leaves half way up on the plants. ANYWAY, I did this transplant right smack in the middle of stretch....yupp, I washed ALL of the old soil off of the roots and stuck them in my soil mix. I think that they have done pretty well in my 1st mix for all of that stress and abuse I gave them, and not 1 hermie among them, never have seen a hermie yet, my time will come. They are about 10-15 days out from harvest, my first organic buds...can't wait.....in fact I didn't wait...lol...after I got the first bit of drying done on mom I quick dryes a bud to test for taste probs from the miricle gross soil she was in, then for comparison I snipped off a little popcorn bud from the bottom of one of these and quick dried it, there is a big difference in the taste of organic and miricle grow bud let me tell ya'. So much of a difference that I am considering the idea of switching my big russian girls to organic, even at this late stage of the grow.....probably wont do it cuzz I dont want to risk them on such a drastic measure. Any of you folks ever transplant 30" plants 4 or 5 weeks from harvest? I would like to hear about it if you have done this. thanks
puff

I trans planted 5 foot plants.. I cut the bottom off and put on top of the other pot which had soil filled half way... Hick stated needed two people. I layed them down & cut the bottom out with a knife... I used FFOF soil...lol .. Just got to be careful...

puffnstuff said:
puff

Hey buddy

That technique is in the Cannabas Bibble.. Thats why the sativas are so tall.lol

Latest posts

Back