Other hobbies or maker interests?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here. Play them through a blue ray player, native digital signal piped out and into a Kahadas DAC, then to preamp. Also load them into a program called musicbee on my laptop after burning the disk to no compression flac files. Musicbee allows a WASAPI output, native digital signal without going through the terrible Microsoft stack.

Then to either another kahadas DAC, or a Topping E30 dac.

Bubba

Last edited:
I don't allow MP3 in the house....maybe spoken word...normally do vinyl, if digital usually flac files, zilch compression.

Bubba
I understand but if you are really serious about listening you need a room where the speaker locations are built around the room with accoustic material .I have never listened to a system like i listened at Audio Den. B&W Nautilus speakers 60k connected with 10K in wires. A nice $200 set of headphones and a joint of Dum tongue is a winner too. I have over 1300 cds with 300 cdrs .To carry all your music on a jump drive is nice on vacation

I understand but if you are really serious about listening you need a room where the speaker locations are built around the room with accoustic material .I have never listened to a system like i listened at Audio Den. B&W Nautilus speakers 60k connected with 10K in wires. A nice $200 set of headphones and a joint of Dum tongue is a winner too. I have over 1300 cds with 300 cdrs .To carry all your music on a jump drive is nice on vacation
Funny I used to go on vacation with 50 cds. Now on You Tube Premium I need to bring just a phone and a speaker and internet service

Uhhhh, I know one that hasn't!

Bubba
So do I.
Yep. It didn’t go away for us. We have a large collection. Can’t help browsing the $1 rack for CDs too. My new truck doesn’t have a CD player so I guess they are pushing that away too. I guess a CD player is no longer included in the bells and whistles anymore

but you do get these fancy lights I just saw for the first time last night that shine on the street when you open your doors. ( I would have chosen the CD player over the cool lights tho…)
View attachment 333119
Ahh, but do you have one of those little Chevy bowties that show up behind your rear bumper and when you stick your foot under it, the rear deck opens up?

i don’t have a computer anymore to do all that jump drive stuff. Was wondering tho if one of those portable CD players would work for my truck. I have XM radio which is nice but sometimes I like to choose from my own stock…

So do I.

Ahh, but do you have one of those little Chevy bowties that show up behind your rear bumper and when you stick your foot under it, the rear deck opens up?
I’ve not tried that yet but it wouldn’t surprise me if it didn’t have that too I’m finding new stuff all the time. I’ll have to look it up. I didn’t get them to demonstrate anything since I already had one with all the B&W but this one does much more including self parking now how scary is that. It’s all the time beeping at Mr Subbie alerting him that he may be following to close I had to learn how to turn that thing off quick as the stress of him driving it was causing friction between us and when you use the cruise control it’s more like auto pilot… crazy new stuff…

i don’t have a computer anymore to do all that jump drive stuff. Was wondering tho if one of those portable CD players would work for my truck. I have XM radio which is nice but sometimes I like to choose from my own stock…
They make Bluetooth CD players. You could probably pair one with your trucks sound system.

So do I.

My grandmother had a refrigerator with a coil on top and it was on legs. It had a foot thing you stepped on and the door opened. Non electrical of course, straight up mechanical. No fancy outer space foot sensor. My mother told me it was the 30s I think when she bought it. I last saw it in the late 80s and it was still ticking away.

Bubba

Yeah but Spotify or pandora don’t always have what i want to hear. I’ve already challenged it and alexia too.
If you have Amazon prime, listen to Amazon music. For additional 9 bucks or so a month you get a lot more selections and higher resolution. No WASAPI type straight digital output unfortunately. (You can make playlists and so forth.)

Tidal or something like that would have that digital out, but it's like 20 bucks a month...maybe higher now?.....more than I want to throw at it already having Amazon. Musicbee does it with a free player program, seems like Amazon could too.

Bubba

If you have Amazon prime, listen to Amazon music. For additional 9 bucks or so a month you get a lot more selections and higher resolution. No WASAPI type straight digital output unfortunately. (You can make playlists and so forth.)

Tidal or something like that would have that digital out, but it's like 20 bucks a month...maybe higher now?.....more than I want to throw at it already having Amazon. Musicbee does it with a free player program, seems like Amazon could too.

Bubba

I have Amazon prime. I listen to alexia in my kitchen either shout out a song I want to hear or play station customized to what I like. I play pandora when I’m outside in the yard on my jam speaker. In my vehicle I have XM radio which is nice but I also like to grab CDs if we are going on a road trip. Don’t really want to spend more money than I already do with XM but would consider a portable CD player.

Latest posts

Back