Other hobbies or maker interests?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im into having my phone connect to my truck via bluetooth and play youtube muzak
I didn’t like my phone connected to my truck. I guess I’m old fashioned but I hate when it’s connected and I get a call. OMG I answered it once and it was loud as crap and my mothers voice too not pretty all over the cabin. I’m sure the other drivers on the interstate could hear our whole conversation and I don’t think there is a way to turn it down either. I usually just catch up on phone calls and texts later on. Plus I have run out of data doing the YouTube thing on a road trip.

I love having my phone connected to my vehicles. I don't use a cell phone without it being connected. Hands on the wheel, ya know. Besides, in my state, you can get yourself in all kinds of trouble if a sooper trooper sees ya and even more if they can prove you had it in your hands if you ever got into an accident.

Enter Lions Roar HERE... ______________ lol
IMG_20230705_215239538.jpg

Off to the bottom right is the photo I drew this from... sucky photo..

It looks like they make portable CD players that output to a USB port. May be better sound?
I prefer cd players with a digital out. Then you canby pass their da to ad converter and use a separate DAC. My DACs have USB input, that's for using your computer as source, or telephone without blue tooth.

Bubba

Pre 2019? At least that the first year I bought car without CD player. 1994 was first car with no ash tray or lighter. It did have a lighter shaped hole labeled as a DC port.

Bubba
RR is a '80, last year for the Silver Wraith II. Still got ashtrays and lighters in the front and rear. Still a money pit.

Got invoiced today for the flat pack that contains all the CNC cut pieces for my speaker build.

Lots of gluing and clamping to be done, then finishing. Then I can at long last assemble this mountain of parts!

Bubba

I didn’t like my phone connected to my truck. I guess I’m old fashioned but I hate when it’s connected and I get a call. OMG I answered it once and it was loud as crap and my mothers voice too not pretty all over the cabin. I’m sure the other drivers on the interstate could hear our whole conversation and I don’t think there is a way to turn it down either. I usually just catch up on phone calls and texts later on. Plus I have run out of data doing the YouTube thing on a road trip.
Just turn phone volume down, or car sound systems volume. At least it does on mine?

My truck has adaptive cruise and I use the Apple CarPlay connection which allows me to use XM off my phone or if the wife is using it I hit Pandora. The mapping is awesome as I don’t go anywhere without a GPS. I even keep my old Garmin in my center console as a backup.

But the adaptive cruise is my favorite. I just get on the interstate and punch in the speed limit and steer. Adaptive does the rest and while I still maintain full control I let the cruise maintain distance which I grow weary of doing

I understand but if you are really serious about listening you need a room where the speaker locations are built around the room with accoustic material .I have never listened to a system like i listened at Audio Den. B&W Nautilus speakers 60k connected with 10K in wires. A nice $200 set of headphones and a joint of Dum tongue is a winner too. I have over 1300 cds with 300 cdrs .To carry all your music on a jump drive is nice on vacation
I have several of those! Remember the old stereo stores in the 70s and 80s? Old house now a store, different systems in different rooms, with various sets of speakers to hook up? My house is like that a bit....

Bubba

Latest posts

Back