Other hobbies or maker interests?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used to have lots of hobbies, but now a days I just collect Buck knives. I concentrate on model 112s and113s, but I'll buy anything that's American made and reasonably priced unless I've already got two or three.
I got busy digging in the closet this morning and found five high dollar Buck custom HD knives. They weren't cheap back 35 years ago, and they've more than doubled their prices since. All still in the walnut display cases and untouched. Still looking for a few I know I've got but forgot where I put 'em.
Always loved knives to the first Puma White Hunter back in 1975 .
I have some Kershaws one a california legal auto
I carry a benchmade auto knife

Funny story about the history of the Buck 112. Back in the sixties, the Buck 110s were available for sale in any PX. Well, a couple of swabbies got into a fight aboard the USS Ranger that was docked out in CA and hurt each other pretty bad. The Commander of the ship passed a rule that you couldn't have a knife with a blade over three inches. The 110s that were used in the fight had a blade length of 3.75". Buck didn't want to lose such a large customer base, so he designed the 112 that had a blade length of three inches. He named it the "Ranger". Smart businessman.
Never knew that Thanks for taking the time to post them

Lot harder to find now , when I was young boy we traveled a lot
And I would hunt for anything in the fresh plowed fields after being shown by my Uncle what to look for
He had the mother load of beautiful arrow heads and paint pots
Years ago I meet my brother -in -law in Bridgeport and to his house in Westchester to celebrate some holiday. We stopped at a Lapidary store and they sold arrow heads. I buy three beauties. Go to my BiL house .The next day I am talking to my two nieces and my nephew. They were 7 and 8. We are in the back yard and I am telling them about the Indians hunting deer which were plentiful there .I gave them a uncle joe spiel on how if they were shooting arrows at the deer and sometimes they miss ,and if they miss ,where would the arrows go? We meander over to where I thought the arrows may land and I plant three arrow heads close and I let them each find one .They flipped out and I also brought leather and they made necklaces. They still have them and they 26 and 27 respectively.

Years ago I meet my brother -in -law in Bridgeport and to his house in Westchester to celebrate some holiday. We stopped at a Lapidary store and they sold arrow heads. I buy three beauties. Go to my BiL house .The next day I am talking to my two nieces and my nephew. They were 7 and 8. We are in the back yard and I am telling them about the Indians hunting deer which were plentiful there .I gave them a uncle joe spiel on how if they were shooting arrows at the deer and sometimes they miss ,and if they miss ,where would the arrows go? We meander over to where I thought the arrows may land and I plant three arrow heads close and I let them each find one .They flipped out and I also brought leather and they made necklaces. They still have them and they 26 and 27 respectively.
Good Ole Uncle Joe

I used to drive the Merritt Parkway daily. Deer strikes every day. The locals were against hunting so the deer population exploded and there were plenty of big fkers. In the winter, a lot of them starved. Killing them with kindness is not kind. One morning I had one run at my car, see my car and then run along the side of it for a few hundred yards. Could have reached out and petted it. Thankful I didn’t hit it or it hit me…

I sew; made all my clothes in high school and many years after. Today I mostly do revisions and redesigns on Goodwill and flea market clothing. It's cheaper than buying new fabric and I like to repurpose.
I love the repurpose of old to new clothes. I’ve always wanted to do that. I’ve bought a few items that people like you have made that were super cute. I have a sewing machine but haven’t used it in years but I too use to make a lot of my clothes. Good for you making something new out of something old 😊

I love the repurpose of old to new clothes. I’ve always wanted to do that. I’ve bought a few items that people like you have made that were super cute. I have a sewing machine but haven’t used it in years but I too use to make a lot of my clothes. Good for you making something new out of something old 😊

any ideas on what i can do with about 100 pairs of worn out blue jeans?

ive been collecting mine for 15 years

a pair of wranglers last me about a 6 months to a year before the knees are blown out

bluejeans today are made out of less material

back in the day a pair of 501’s would last about 2 years

i even bought some fancy Cinch jeans for $59 bucks..….same thing as the cheaper wranglers , lasted about a year

a pair of wranglers last me about a 6 months to a year before the knees are blown out

i even bought some fancy Cinch jeans for $59 bucks..….same thing as the cheaper wranglers , lasted about a year
make them into real short shorts and give your Honey something to talk about ....

They sell for Big Bucks in Soviet Russia

Latest posts

Back