Other hobbies or maker interests?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the song but never related it to submarines. More of a happy kids song. Many people have given me yellow submarines tho because I worked on them and they thought I would think it was cool, and of course I did…

what about Hunt For Red October , was it a hit amongst subbies?

i heard that the Defense Dept made Tom Clancy change the set of inside the nuclear subs command and control center , is that what they even call it?

anyway , the DOD said it was to real and he needed to change stuff

also read that in one of Clancy’s books there was enough info that with a little more research one could build a dirty bomb-nuke

and then Tom died , i think mysteriously

right over my head with all that machinist lingo

dont make talk about hydration , air entrainment , and polymers which is cement finisher lingo

but hey , i been surprised before , maybe Joe poured and finished a few yards in his lifetime , i dunno nuthin’

morning
Yes I have ! For a short short time!

i heard that the Defense Dept made Tom Clancy change the set of inside the nuclear subs command and control center , is that what they even call it?

also read that in one of Clancy’s books there was enough info that with a little more research one could build a dirty bomb-nuke

Loved him and that book

Yes that was a big hit because of how real things were. made folks ask other questions that were not covered in the movie which were sometimes classified. our whole command got a talking to about keeping our lips shut when that movie was out especially in a submarine town where those secrets were sought after.

i think he had heart problems for a while and died of a heart attack or other heart issues.

1674754538794.png

I love the song but never related it to submarines. More of a happy kids song. Many people have given me yellow submarines tho because I worked on them and they thought I would think it was cool, and of course I did…
Betcha ain't got one of these......
yellow submarine.jpg

Used to have lots of hobbies, but now a days I just collect Buck knives. I concentrate on model 112s and113s, but I'll buy anything that's American made and reasonably priced unless I've already got two or three.
I got busy digging in the closet this morning and found five high dollar Buck custom HD knives. They weren't cheap back 35 years ago, and they've more than doubled their prices since. All still in the walnut display cases and untouched. Still looking for a few I know I've got but forgot where I put 'em.

Used to have lots of hobbies, but now a days I just collect Buck knives. I concentrate on model 112s and113s, but I'll buy anything that's American made and reasonably priced unless I've already got two or three.
I got busy digging in the closet this morning and found five high dollar Buck custom HD knives. They weren't cheap back 35 years ago, and they've more than doubled their prices since. All still in the walnut display cases and untouched. Still looking for a few I know I've got but forgot where I put 'em.
Can you post pics would love to see em

cool beans

Case is my favorite , i like the old red bone copperheads

my pops carried a Case

i still have a few but gave most away to family

i have a few Remingtons and maybe even an old Keen Cutter

i wish the Remingtons were the Bullet knife

Can you post pics would love to see em
Only got a few pics loaded. The first three are mammoth tooth, and the second is an NRA edition. Splurged and bought two of 'em. :) Lucked out and got serial number 002 on the 113 mammoth.

buck 112 drop point.jpg
buck 112.jpg
buck 113.jpg
buck 133 nra.jpg

Got these off of a buddy last Friday at the pub. On the top row, far left, there's a 1986 Buck statue of Liberty commemorative. It's hard to see, but there's a little copper medallion with Lady Liberty's head on it mounted in the middle of the knife. Old Buck made a deal with the government and procured all of the old copper plate that was removed from the statue during it's rehab, and that's what the medallions are made of.

good haul.jpg

Funny story about the history of the Buck 112. Back in the sixties, the Buck 110s were available for sale in any PX. Well, a couple of swabbies got into a fight aboard the USS Ranger that was docked out in CA and hurt each other pretty bad. The Commander of the ship passed a rule that you couldn't have a knife with a blade over three inches. The 110s that were used in the fight had a blade length of 3.75". Buck didn't want to lose such a large customer base, so he designed the 112 that had a blade length of three inches. He named it the "Ranger". Smart businessman.

Latest posts

Back