outdoor bud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmathews

Reaction score
Hello this my first post. And also my first grow. I harvested a little and after I dried it I decided to burn a little before i cured it. Its actually pretty smooth and gives you a great body buzz for about 2 hrs. The problem is it has a pine needle after taste.(not that i have eaten pine needles before, but You know what im saying). Its not that bad just different. Is it just the strain or that it wasnt cured? Just new and full of questions. Ill post a few pics later.

jmathews said:
Hello this my first post. And also my first grow. I harvested a little and after I dried it I decided to burn a little before i cured it. Its actually pretty smooth and gives you a great body buzz for about 2 hrs. The problem is it has a pine needle after taste.(not that i have eaten pine needles before, but You know what im saying). Its not that bad just different. Is it just the strain or that it wasnt cured? Just new and full of questions. Ill post a few pics later.

Quick drying will kill your flavor.After you cure it the taste will be completely different.Welcome to MP!

Thanx. How long is a good cure? The buds were not big ones actually they where farily small. It was just some i pulled to get me by

jmathews said:
Thanx. How long is a good cure? The buds were not big ones actually they where farily small. It was just some i pulled to get me by

Just depends on how big your buds are.If they aren't that big then just hang them up for a few days till they seem fairly dry then put them in a jar.Open it a few times a day.They will eventually completely dry out.When the stems snap it's done.

I would wait more than a few days before jarring.

This useful post is in the stickies in the Drying and curing section of the forum.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132376&postcount=1

I dried my last batch a little too long so I skipped the brown-bagging and just sealed it up. I open it up now and then to check on it. Anyway, it smokes very good.

Others have various ideas and preferences, so read all about it and do what you think sounds good. I tend to simplify more than some people, and I have been successful in my short growing career.
Welcome to MP.

ok. i will check out that post. He thanks alot for the info. Its much appreciated.

I am doing a three stage harvest clear/milky/amber been watching really close. Nothing like three different highs I have window screens to dry on seem to work great 5 days in the dark closet.:cool:

Latest posts

Back