outdoor buds + hot sun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikepntt

Reaction score
My plants are in almost full sun in florida. They are beginning to bud and i was wondering if the strong sun will affect the buds like burning them or something. Its really hot out in florida do you think i should find some shade to put them under? I dont want my buds to get damaged.

I'm in fla and i grow outdoors. Never had a problem. You can check out some pics of my grow. Good luck and welcome

marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46088

Provide pleanty of water and be carefull of nute build up. Frequently in hot and more humid areas like Florida, plants tend to transpire quite a bit. If feeding with liqued fertilizers I'd recommend mild and frequent waterings, plants tend to absorb more water in high heat situations, leaving a build up of nutes with in the soil. Flush often and be aware of this issue and things should be all set. I grew in Florida successfully for years. With proper feedng and watering I had some seriously heavy harvests - best of luck to you....

Typically, plants will tend to stress and not grow well in high heat conditions (85+) usually a slightly shady spot or even a light breeze area would help. And, as mentioned above, water frequently, but try not to drown them, and the nute build up too.
~T-Bone

We got sun here...we got high temps...above ninety most days, and over 100 a lot of days. Plants grow big in my area, just not in my garden. My brother, who grows in the ground, and hardely looks at his girls before harvest has monster plants. He hardly even gives them food, cept what he amends his soil with each spring, like mushroom compost and horse manure. He iritates the heck out of me, doing nothing and getting such big plants. He even went so far as to cut the shade OUT of his garden area. Still they thrive. I am of a mixed mind bout high heat and MJ when it comes to outdoors. I do think tho, cooling off at night makes a difference too. I am still trying to "dial" in....

you should pick up an item called shade screen. its black or another color and it provides shade. the only thing you need to do is build stakes or something for it to stand on because its sold on a roll. ive heard that this shade screen can increase trichome production. pick it up at any hardware store

depends on your strain some plants do well in high heat some will die cause it gets direct sunlight and high heat you are in flordia so humidity is a fac so watch for mold it loves humid places my plants are in 100 degree weather 12 to 14 hours every day and got buds the size of a 2 liter bottle here in nor cali best of luck :eek:

tcbud said:
We got sun here...we got high temps...above ninety most days, and over 100 a lot of days. Plants grow big in my area, just not in my garden. My brother, who grows in the ground, and hardely looks at his girls before harvest has monster plants. He hardly even gives them food, cept what he amends his soil with each spring, like mushroom compost and horse manure. He iritates the heck out of me, doing nothing and getting such big plants. He even went so far as to cut the shade OUT of his garden area. Still they thrive. I am of a mixed mind bout high heat and MJ when it comes to outdoors. I do think tho, cooling off at night makes a difference too. I am still trying to "dial" in....

Mine have also grown well in the heat many days over a hundred here but not very humid. I would like mine to get more sun but my neighbores never cut their flippin trees...course its nice camo for the plants.

Our 2 cents...

We grow on our solaruim where temps go up to 44*C in the august spanish sun....We have 2 plants outside all the time(the rest are being tricked)...1) is sativa and the other a cross sat/indica (about 50/50)..

The sat/indica is doin fine but the solo sativa is showing signs of heat stress at the top of the plant..So we're thinkin "shade" in the heat of the mid day sun.....Guess the best way is to look at the health of ya plant...If it looks EDIT....Then its EDIT and needs medical attention.IE "shade"...

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Site_Rules.html
1. This is the most simple of rules. There are filters in place to block the usage of many words that are considered to be unacceptable in polite conversation. If you notice that a word you've typed is replaced by asterisks, then it is one of these words. Please reconstruct your post to reflect what you're trying to say, but without the word that was blocked. Adding spaces or other characters to the filtered word is not acceptable here. If you attempt to bypass the filter by using any means, it's a direct act against the rules of this site. The Moderators will generally only delete the word itself from your post. However, repeated occurrences of this type may cause more severe reaction by the Moderators who are entrusted to keep the peace here.

Simply put, cussing is not necessary and should not be used. If you feel like cussing in a private message to another member who is tolerant of it, then that's fine. The use of cussing in the open forums is not acceptable as polite conversation. Please just talk without using profanity.

Latest posts

Back