Outdoor growing woes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flight175

Reaction score
I want to do an outdoor grow soon. how am i suposed to bring in a few giant bags of good soil, a shovel, a small fence stealth like?? :holysheep: I have 2 areas i think i want to grow, this small field with brush around it on teh side of a non busy road OR the woods. if i do the road side brush field which is like a mile away from my house i see myself pulling up to the spot at night in my car, throwing the bags of soil, fence and shovel behind a tree and driving home, get on my bike and ride over and then commense the digging and preparing the soil.

if i want to go the woods route im not sure what i would do...i guess go out there at night in my car...seems a little suspicious and hard to do though. the woods spot isnt very close so i cant ride my bike over or anything. :hairpull:

i'll probably have to drink like 6 beers before i do any of this so that im not so stressed out and worried while i do all this.

does this method sound accurate or does anyone have suggestions?

It's all part of the game. If you wanna play, you have to do the work. Go at night, be quiet and go for it. I would choose the safer of the 2 spots, or split my crop in half and plant both.

Get a big backpack and hike it all in, you'll have to put in the work for outdoor grows that will be the hard part. The rest will be hauling water in to water them...take care..

yup yup no work no gain outdoors is alot of work and preparation ive been working on mine for a month now scouting spouts in the woods around my home just carried 2, 5 gallon buckets full of dirt 1000 yards though the woods yesterday its not for the weak or the lazy lol preparation is the only hard part for me since i have a stream close by the spots so i dont have to lug water through the woods lol good luck and be safe

Reactions: gmo
man i feel lucky, all my outdoor supplies can be transported in on 4 wheelers and are still well over 5 or 6 miles from my house. i fill up big coolers with supplies and ride out.. good luck with whatever you decide to do and as always be safe

Bags are never easy...A colapsable shovel works fine, and 2 liter bottle can be your fence. Cut the neck off and put it around the plant(stick it in the soil)

Reactions: Moo
i always just cut the bottom of the 2 litters and leave the neck on and take the top off so it can get some air

Reactions: Moo
Most of the time i have to carry supplies (Water, plants, shovel and anything. I try and find places that already havr ok soil to work with. I start bynot just digging down 20 inches or so for my holes but i also break up the Ground in 3 to 4 feet circle. This alows the plant lots of loose soild to run its feeder roots into. You can even dig your holes to break up the soil ahead of time but if you dig them and plann to come back in a few days and set out you small plants be sure you fill your holes back up. It seems like a good idea to leave your holes dug so when you come back its that much work you wont have to do. But if you leave the holes dug its a good chance your holes and dirt that came out of will have lost all their moisture. So if you do prepare you holes early put the dirt back in them untill your ready to use them. Above i mentioned Finding a spot with good soil so you won`t have to add anything extra. I usually plant one brand of seeds that are low in price but grow like grazy just in plain soil from mother earth. Even planted june first they grow so well they still grow 8 feet or more.This cuts down greatly on trips when all you need to do to the ground is till it to loosen it up for planting. But i still end up having to make 3 or more trips to my grow area in one night just to get my one spot planted. A while back i stayed out from 11:00 untill 5 in the morning making holes and breaking the ground. It was warm and my shirt was sticking and clinging to my back and afterwards when i looked in the mirror it had to be at least 500 skeeter bites on my back. I could cover a spot big as my hand and coud the bites just in that area and count 100.
So in closing growing takes as much time and effort as my real job and i am small grower just growing for a few sick friends and family and I don`t grow for my self. Just others who are less fortunate than Myself. Dang sorry for the long post. Ps This plant grew over 6 feet tall in just plain dirt with a small amount of ferts. It was planted outside on june 30 when it was 3 weeks old and the pic was taken the 25th of august. So it went from seed to over my head in less than 90 days.

Nice.jpg

in my oppinion your best bet is to have someone drop you off and leave quickly. have a cellphone or 2 way radio on hand when you need to be picked up. or have someone else do the planting and you be the driver. it is much easyer if you have someone you can trust to help you out.

themadhatter said:
in my oppinion your best bet is to have someone drop you off and leave quickly. have a cellphone or 2 way radio on hand when you need to be picked up. or have someone else do the planting and you be the driver. it is much easyer if you have someone you can trust to help you out.
The problem with that is somebody else knows where your plants are. No matter how much you trust them it is a huge loose end. People accidentally tell their wife or gf or cousin or other trusted best friend. One gets mad at the other or gets drunk and blabs... if you know what I'm getting at.

Dude,
scout around find your plot I always plant in small plots 2 or 3 and spread them out above all. I dig my holes add compost and nutes then let rest a couple of weeks. I go back in with my plants which are a couple of weeks old and plant them doing this I am in the woods with plants for as little time as possible and if I am seen digging holes I just say I am digging up wild trees to plant in my yard.

I also do what Kindbud does with the 2 liter soda bottle I use it as a mini green house. cut the bottom off and take the top off and when it is going to frost simply screw the top back on. really works well.

I would like to suggest to bring along a small ~$15 miniature telescope, or some binoculars, and a notebook for birdwatching.

Oh, wait. Oh yeah, this is pretty common knowledge by now, huh? :D

Latest posts

Back