Over 50?......anyone?......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee, North Fork, ain't you heard? There're so many diosaurs around here that a devil frog showed up to devour us. Too bad nobody told him that he'd fare better eating baby dinos than full grown ones--seems big grown up dinosaurs bite back.:rolleyes:

Does seeing Hendrix flip his axe over and play Star Spangled Banner with his crotch finger at midnight at the Second Atlanta Pop get me in the club?

Well I'm with you Brother. I went to the first "SKY RIVER" concert on 1968. That was a 3day concert that had THE DOORS, LED ZEPLIN, TIM BUCKLY. There was everything in the drug world (at that time) there. Brothers and sisters runnin" nude and swimming in the river. Then after that i hooked up a ride to so. Cal where I ended up in Laguna Beach. Most of you young ones wouldn't really understand. But, Laguna Beach was the Drug Capital of so.Cal. Folks from LA.,Orange Co., and San Diego, would come to Laguna for LSD,STP,DMT,THC marijuana,hash. There would be hundreds of Hippie like people on the streets.Well your not the only old fart around.

I'm jealous...I wish I could have seen all these greats live! I'm pushing 40 in a few months...so I remember alot of this, but was too young to partake.

I will be 60 in 25 years, but i always thought i was born too late, i should have been born in the early 50's, you have all experienced the early days of rock and roll and saw things that will never happen again, for this i am jealous

the mix of people here is what makes it so awesome, experienced is never a bad thing, not that im telling you anything you dont know.

welcome

I owe my start in mj growing to an old hippie cat in San Rafael, he had dank bud and some crazy stories bout Nam, just blew my mind

Just turn 49:hubba: , yee haw one more year in my forties.:holysheep: Been burnin since 1975. Led Zep concert Long Beach arena. Columbian Gold was big back then and dont forget the Ty-Stick,opium dipped.:eek: But now I'm smoking the best I've ever smoked. The Hog,NL,Pot of Gold. I've grown good bud for many years , But I've been growing great, killer bud for the last 3 years. Thanks to sites like these. TY all

I cannot remember what concerts I went to..a little fuzzy there, but I do remember the Kennedy assassination, both of them.

Just turned 59 last month (December 2009)

I saw Janice Joplin live, Jimi Hendrix live, the Doors live...

I remember when you could get an ounce of good stuff for $15.

Now days, people our age are the NEW 40-somethings as compared to our parents' era.

Grow it, smoke it, and Live Long! He he

I'll turn 60 this yr. Went to the first "SKY RIVER ROCK FEATIVIAL" and "LIGHTER THEN AIR FAIR". That was in 1968 up in Washington state. That was high times. Three day on great music and love, 20,000 stroung is what i herd. We had Santana,Co. Joe & the Fish, Grateful Dead, Beautiful Day,just a few. It rained but that did not slow us down much. People dancing nude. Man, we were the first of new breed that was out to change this world. I think we did.

hey there compadres! speaking of remembering who we saw, if we can, i remember paying a whopping ten bucks to a scalper to see the stones on the "miss you" tour! paul mccartney and wings...paid five bucks to see quicksilver, joe walsh, robin trower all on the same bill. good times! that was back in the day when you could pass a joint in the venue without getting busted. that was the tucson community center the 70s. you know youre older when the reason you start to grow ur own is because your dealer dies! this is a good site, nice to see a bunch of oldtimers around.;)

I feel much better now, knowing I'm not alone in my age bracket. See, I'm a hermit for real and never did "grow up", so its nice to have an outlet here. Thanks for all the replies and good grow'n..........

mr.greengenes said:
...and we're all still working at growing UP.

Actually putting more effort into NOT growing up, but its all good.

Well, I will never call my self a hippie, the first ones I ran into back in 67 when I first got back from NAM threw rocks and called me a baby killer.
That left a real bad taste in my mouth. When I got out of the U.S.M.C. I got a Harley Davidson and became an outlaw, still am, I just traded up to more power in my horse. Besides when a bicyclist shoots there mouth off I just have to turn her rear to them, she does the rest. Never could do that on a Harley.

Yeah, I'm an old fart. I am also a Leo, so if I make it to July I will see 63. And as much as I wonder how I got this far, I will probably see July. :holysheep:

I remember $10 lids too, but they were full of stems and seeds, LOL! Our music was and still is great. So many, it's hard to have a fave. Doors, Cream, Janis Joplin, too many to list.

Janice Joplin, my husband falling asleep at a Santana concert, (who does that?) watching Woodstock on a military base and when Jimmy Hendricks played the star spangle banner the lifers (haven't said that word in 35 years) got up and walked out.
Kent state, Nam...made me who I am today. Ah yes, 10 dollar lids whole ounce, Thai stick, prince Albert cans full of pot, 25.00
Memory's. Wouldn't want to go through it again. Happy to be 57.
Love this place.

Hats off to you tokers over the hill, you paved the way for us young smokers, like myself

Two years out from hitting 50 this month. Back in my humble youth starting in 75* it was four finger deep $30.00 bags of weed and lots and lots of hash. Heh. Miss all that sweet hash.

Latest posts

Back