Over/underwater

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabby

Reaction score
If my outdoor potted plant is droopy and I water it and it perks back up again but then the next day it’s droopy again what does that mean? Thanks in advance 😊
61D5ECB5-749F-47FE-A5A6-1EDC57CE6725.jpeg

Tabby
Are you using a good amount of water
My plants that size can drink gals depending on pot size as well as the plant too

Tabby
Are you using a good amount of water
My plants that size can drink gals depending on pot size as well as the plant too
I think the pot is 20 gals and I would say I give it about a gal and a half every couple days. Right now the soil is not soaked but it does still look dark. I just find it weird that when I water the plant it perks up but the next morning it’s droopy again. Especially the top.

Maybe stand it in a tray over night
If it's really dry.
@Tabby are you watering from the bottom of the pot?
It’s not that dry. That’s why I’m concerned about overwatering. And I’ve never heard of watering from the bottom. I thought that it wasn’t good for the plant to sit in water? I watered it on Sunday and then it was drooping a little yesterday so I gave it some water and it perked back up. But this morning it’s drooping again especially at the top.

Its has been very hot and dry where I am how so you?
Not much 1 gal for a plant of fair size to drink, I bet you are not watering enough
Try doing what greehands said get a tray under pot and water the plant (from above or below for now) and really give it a big drink, it wont hurt it once if you slightly over water it will bounce back.
Once the water flows out the bottom let it set for an hr and remove the excess from the tray.
Feel the plant and lift to feel the weight.
That is a fully water pot.

Its has been very hot and dry where I am how so you?
Not much 1 gal for a plant of fair size to drink, I bet you are not watering enough
Try doing what greehands said get a tray under pot and water the plant (from above or below for now) and really give it a big drink, it wont hurt it once if you slightly over water it will bounce back.
Once the water flows out the bottom let it set for an hr and remove the excess from the tray.
Feel the plant and lift to feel the weight.
That is a fully water pot.
I agree, sounds like it's being underwatered, I usually leave out the feed for a day or two if they are underwatered as this burns them.
Stressed plants can't absorb nutrients very well.

Thanks so much guys. I just gave it a little drink to see how it reacts. If it perks up I will do what you said tonight. Honestly I’ve never watered till water ran out the bottom. I would have to put like 3 or 4 gals for it to do that and I’m scared that I’ll kill it. I know it’s a weed but overwatering can kill even a weed. Write?

Thanks so much guys. I just gave it a little drink to see how it reacts. If it perks up I will do what you said tonight. Honestly I’ve never watered till water ran out the bottom. I would have to put like 3 or 4 gals for it to do that and I’m scared that I’ll kill it. I know it’s a weed but overwatering can kill even a weed. Write?
You won't over water it if the water is running out the bottom of the pot. :)
It can kill a plant but your not overwatering it and it wouldnt die just like that.
They are tuff weeds really.

My Grow #2 has been sitting in the garden soaked, it is raining every day, it doesn't have any problems. Worry less.

What happens is when you water they stand up and are ready for the sun. Then it gets hot and the sun beats down on them and if there isn't enough water they will droop. When you see them drooping water them real good and check on them in about an hour and look at the difference. Ive had Elephant ears almost laying on the ground. I would water them real good and in about an hour they are standing right back up.

Latest posts

Back