Own a scale? Tell us about it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowl Destroyer

"Just one hit"
Reaction score
I couldn't find any similar thread in the archives, so I thought it'd be appropriate to make a new one!

So what I'm hoping is to get a discussion about some different scales and what are some people's experiences with em.By "scales" I mean any kind of tool to "weigh it out," whether it be digital, or beam, or whatever else.

I have owned two digital scales in my time...one was reliable, and the other was worthless. Both were relatively cheap, under 50 usd. To test the accuracy of my digital scales, I would weigh out a US nickel. It should weigh exactly 5 grams. My good scale always got it, my crappy one would give different weights.

What company do you guys recommend for scales?

I own a set of these, mine weight up to 500 grams, accurate to 1/10th of a gram, £10 from ebay.

pocket_digital_scales.jpg

i own similar to hippies except mine is shorter and a lil fatter it looks like ur everyday cd case but a lil thicker and you open it and inside i have a scale that can way up to 600 grams, its digital and cost me 50 bucks and the local head shop. and i love it

Mine has been unused for many moons.........................

Cost about £60

10yrs back

If I can find it................................

Were still living outa box's

Only moved 3yrs back :rofl:

I am sure that it will need new batteries and recalibrating :hubba:

a little cheapo i bought at goodwill for 2 bucks.and it is dead on.weighs up to 1oz.pretty accurate to.

this seems stupid thread to me, but im bored so ill answer anyways. i got the galatic25026yv1222555 super digital computer scale its the ferrrari of digi scales haha naw just playing. i got some cheapo scale my buddy stole from some punk that stole something from him so he gave it to me.

I have an "old school" OHAUS triple beam collecting dust somewhere around here.. ;)

Hey Hick does it look like this one. :p :hubba: We've had her for over 20 years and she still works like a champ. ;) Tossed 1/2 oz. of Stoneybud on her for a better pic. She can weigh up to 311 grams.
Hick said:
I have an "old school" OHAUS triple beam collecting dust somewhere around here.. ;)

100_3645.jpg

I recently gave mine away...

Paranoia causes irrational behavior sometimes.

In the market for a "Nice" scale...I want the Preluze scale the jewler who made our wedding rings had. Man that thing was NIIICE.

I used to have some cheapo that looked like a coaster...sort of, but when you press on the side the display and buttons pop out in this spring loaded fashin'.

Impressive and cheeky...but about as accurate as an untrained soldier with an AK 47.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Hey Hick does it look like this one. :p :hubba: We've had her for over 20 years and she still works like a champ. ;) Tossed 1/2 oz. of Stoneybud on her for a better pic. She can weigh up to 311 grams.

the same one i got. swiped from chemistry class when i was a senior. it was the only thing i got out of chemistry..........

I don't own one just because if I ever get busted I don't want any traces of scales or anything on my property. I only grow 6 plants at the most at a time, all personal and for a couple buddies; I just don't want to give them any reason to say I am selling.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
maybe even older, not sure. I've had it 20+ fer sure...

DSC00890.JPG

i got really old weight scale from simmons inc. which older than the brother's grunt s weight scale on the pic, but I uses postal office scale all the time. easy to test.. easy to use.. and not illegal though.. sometime digtal dont work well when battery get to die soon.. like i had one from radio shack, hasnt get right battery for it suck huh? didnt use it for 3 years

:rofl: I find that bumper stickers do a great job of covering the wooden desk :rofl: I happened to find a bunch of bush stickers so they got the duty :rofl: I didnt mean to make a political statement ;) BTW, since we arent speaking of politics, I do think it was FREAKIN BRILLIANT to nominate MRS Palin as MVP :aok:

Latest posts

Back