Path to Legalization

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rehab is for Quitters

Reaction score
Not sure how many here are from the puritanical US of A, but I am and I think it sucks that the Dutch have these great freedoms and we here in the US are living in the dark ages. What can we do to legalize bud?

I have done extensive research on the health issues surrounding bud and it astonishes me that alcohol (which causes a lot of health and social problems) is perfectly legal but mj is not.

What can we do to move things forward in this country?

:bong:

Before any changes can occur Americans have to wake up. Americans are brought up believing they live in the greatest, freest country on earth. The US is certainly the most powerful militarily but in quality of life is far down the list of nations.
The US imprisons a greater percentage of it's population than any other country on earth and are her streets the safest, I think not. Laws are stricter and punishments harsher to boost the american prison and law enforcement industries, and they are industries that have immense power and influence. The american war on drugs has spread misery and violence around the planet and caused more damage than drugs ever could. And all this cost is borne by society in general and taxpayers in particular.
America is becoming a country where the very rich get richer, the middle class pay the bills (taxes) and the poor go to prison. The country is controlled more and more by mega-corporations and the maniacal Christian right (america's answer to Al-quadi) who just want to make a hell on earth. Only the voters can change this so wake up and campaign against the fearmongers and facists who frighten people into giving up their freedoms for safety. As one of your founding fathers said; "He who would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deseves neither liberty nor safety."

Hmmmm...I wish I lived in Amsterdam.

Old Bud said:
Before any changes can occur Americans have to wake up. Americans are brought up believing they live in the greatest, freest country on earth. The US is certainly the most powerful militarily but in quality of life is far down the list of nations.
The US imprisons a greater percentage of it's population than any other country on earth and are her streets the safest, I think not. Laws are stricter and punishments harsher to boost the american prison and law enforcement industries, and they are industries that have immense power and influence. The american war on drugs has spread misery and violence around the planet and caused more damage than drugs ever could. And all this cost is borne by society in general and taxpayers in particular.
America is becoming a country where the very rich get richer, the middle class pay the bills (taxes) and the poor go to prison. The country is controlled more and more by mega-corporations and the maniacal Christian right (america's answer to Al-quadi) who just want to make a hell on earth. Only the voters can change this so wake up and campaign against the fearmongers and facists who frighten people into giving up their freedoms for safety. As one of your founding fathers said; "He who would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deseves neither liberty nor safety."

Not to mention how many of these people are incarcerated for non-violent drug offenses. I love how they give parole to child molestors and rapists so they can make room for a pothead. Excellent priorities.

And I love the Brother's Grunt's signature line "I declare war on the war on drugs". I might write him in for president in the next election ;)

Actually, I'd rather live in America where it's illegal than in Amsterdam where it's legal. Don't get me wrong, MJ is great, but to me, it's not worth moving from one country to the next.

However, I would consider on moving to Denver...:)

Latest posts

Back