PC Stealth Grow System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opencountry said:

Cool.
I've seen that before. But I would rather get this case here. It is definitely a Cadillac system. But $700 clams for a system and I could almost buy 2 bags of grow around here. But a PC micro grow is looking more intriguing. I have my eyes on a tower server case that is taller than either system. The one you had in the link is only about 20 inches tall. I saw one 24 inches tall. 4 inches doesn't seem like a lot but it makes a difference in the yield. I read that leeting the plant grow a little taller will also yield bigger buds. Makes sense as there are more leaves to pump energy into the flower...:cool2::banana:

I'd like to try a hydroponics system but never grew using hydroponics. Will have to read some more on it...

I'd like to do a micro grow and I started germinating some bagseed. We'll give it a grow and see what happens. Rather than sit and talk about it, I think I'll get started. I was thinking about using a 105W CFL for light. I saw one on eBay that had a diamond plate reflector. That way I can hang it on chains and raise it as they grow. The PC stealth systems I saw had fixed lamps at the top. Since these are CFLs and they can almost touch the plant, I want to raise my babies as close to the lamp as possible for maximum light from the lamp. This should increase the growth on my babies. :baby: :yay:

Can one use a peat pot for hydroponics? I tried Home Depot and they didn't have rockwool. So I picked up a cute little starter set. It's like a mini greenhouse. It has six little pots. I'll let you know how it works out. My micro-grow begins...
:farm:

Thanks for the tip. I will check Goodwill around here...
:D

hey htmagic,

The little peat pellets can work for a hydro setup but it tends to get ugly real fast....

A mini DWC would be the way i would go.... something simple like a folgers plastic coffee can. all that is needed is a hole in the top and a neoprene plug to fit tight on the stem. small 2 hose fish air pump and a couple of air stones ;)

you will at least need a ppm meter which can go from 25 to several hundred clams :eek: I use oakton meters and find them to last a long time (many years) and cost around 80...

If you want to start a group mini grow let me know :D

grow on

Thanks for the offer. It looks like I might. I just picked up a case here. Now I will need a light and a small hydroponic system to fit into the PC case. Anybody know where I can get a small hydroponic system to fit into the case? I'm looking for something that measures about 8-10 inches wide and probably less than 18 inches long. Does anyone know where the fancy PC grow systems get their containers? :confused:

I was thinking about using a compact fluorescent light and I saw one on eBay here. I figure I won't have the heat buildup like the other lamps. I still will use fans and I need a good odor eliminator. Any ideas would be appreciated and considered. :batman:

And thanks for the great advice!

Cool. Like HGB said you can use coffee cans. Building a Hydro system is just as easy as buying one. Or you can use some sort of rubbermade container as well.

Thanks. The setup looks interesting. I would like a small shallow container (like a plastic shoebox and net pots. Then add an airpump and stone and we're good to go. I have an ultrasonic transducer and was thinking about trying that. I won the case and put a bid on the CFL light that ends today so I should get those items soon. I checked the seeds (bagseed) that I germinated 2 days ago. I used a paper towel method on top of my wireless hub. I see a few swollen seeds. Looks like one or two seeds are starting to pop. I figure I have a few days before I have to plant them... :D

I checked the seeds today and I see some that are cracked and/or swollen. One or two has a small tail. Is there a foolproof method to germinate seeds? I'm using a wet napkin in a baggie. The room is cool (57F) but the wireless hub is warm. Should I used bottled water rather than tap water that sat out overnight? :confused:

one of those plants in that computer case grow box shop thing looked sick as hell!!

What was the link on the sick plant? I saw one PC grow system had a 50 watt HPS bulb and the other had a CFL lamp.
:cool:

Opencountry said:
The sickly picture I grabbed of a polish police website. They were showing off there find. They probally dont know how to take care of them.LOL
OK. I have seen that one. They were probally dry as a bone... :eek: :cry:

pcplants.jpg

^yah... sick as a dog..

besides, how could anyone, and i mean ANYONE get caught growing inside a computer case !?

That picture is from 4Ever Sun. They show their complete system. I think the HPS lamp makes the box too hot, thus the burned plants. I like the CFL lamp as it is cooler and actually more watts. The CFL lamps I've seen are around 5000K and not the 6500K like the grow lights. But in a small case like this, does it make a difference? :confused:

HGB said:
say htmagic,

If you want I can pm you some links to pc tower stealth grows... some finished GJ's as well as active one ;)

I sub to all the pc grows I can as i think there :cool:

think E-man is about to fire up shoe box size grow as well :D

check out his GJ for pics of the 42 watt setup :eek:

grow on
whats going on? do you still have any links to pc stealth grows trying to do it myself, Thanks

Latest posts

Back