Peet Pellets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Dro

Bud-Doc
Reaction score
Are Peet Pellets good for clone meduim.
One more thing they are so thin I assume once you soak them the will form?
Dro:cool2:

yea man they do once you put them in some water they will puff up a bit and you have to have your cuttings tail in there for it to form around them

What type of light is best for clones and what light schedule should they be on?

any of the normally used growing lights are the best (flos,CFL,MH,orHPS) i use flos for the low heat and the ability to keep them close to the cuttings with out burning them that and IMO MJ vegges real fast under them G.E. 4' daylite tubes i have.

Should have light 24hrs a day. A small Fluorescent light is good enough. I use a terrarium dome from the local garden store. I also use a seedling mat (heated) but its not a requirement.

Here is few photos of some cuttings in peat pellets. The cuttings I made where pretty large so I had to trim the leaves back enough for them all to fit in the dome.

misc 004.jpg Image00001.jpg Image00003.jpg Image00004.jpg Image00005.jpg Image00006.jpg

Attachments

• Image00002.jpg
    Image00002.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 31
:aok:Very nice bro! Were do you get those heating pads and roughly how much money are they, Do the clones root faster?
I also read that people cut the fan leaves a little bit to encourage the energy on the roots, Or something like that.
:DThanks for the step by step man!

No problems. Just hope it helps

Cloning is nicer than seedling as you know the sex already!

The mat is usually called a seedling heat pad or mat and you should be able to find it at a garden store or at a online store no problems. Mine was $25 a few years ago.

Roots like warmth so the mat helps with that and if you use a dome t helps provide plenty of humidity so you don't have to spray water mist on the sides of the dome.

I have this in a pdf file I made and will start a new thread in growing with the contents in there.

Hope it helps,
Lil Elvis

Yea thanks it helped alot man:aok:
Yea It's going to be my second time around trying to clone, Last time when I cloned my plant's, They sagged abit and I threw them out because I thought they were died, But now I know they tend to sag and bring themselfs back up.
My plan is to clone just before I switch to 12/12 and then after when I harvest my mothers I can toss the clones into flower. I don't really wont to start my clones on 12/12 because I don't think it' a good idea!
Also is there a way too slow growth?
So yea that's my idea:)
What do you guys think?
Thanks,Dro:cool2:

Dr.Dro said:
Yea thanks it helped alot man:aok:
Yea It's going to be my second time around trying to clone, Last time when I cloned my plant's, They sagged abit and I threw them out because I thought they were died, But now I know they tend to sag and bring themselfs back up.
My plan is to clone just before I switch to 12/12 and then after when I harvest my mothers I can toss the clones into flower. I don't really wont to start my clones on 12/12 because I don't think it' a good idea!
Also is there a way too slow growth?
So yea that's my idea:)
What do you guys think?
Thanks,Dro:cool2:

Yeah, I agree that 12/12 is not a good idea for clones!

The only way to slow growth is topping or fem'ing. In my experience I see that topping makes for a bushy plant or fuller canopy. Fem'ing (SP?) I see it kind of makes a "bonnet" of new starts or mini-colas if you will.

I find it really interesting how well these plants (usually...my disclaimer) rebound from trauma. I had a branch get too heavy and snap at week four in flower. All I did was prop it up with wire and it made a nice knuckle and then was good as new. I see this too if I have to bend the tops of some plants in flower if they get too tall.

Good growing to you,

Lil Elvis

Latest posts

Back