pet strips for spider mites?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yellowjacket said:
They will kill them and still allow you to have mite free buds. If you are worried about the fumes don't stay in there with them and don't go sniffing yer exhaust. After 2 weeks you can discard them after verifying that there are no mites crawling around. There will be no lingering taste on yer buds.

YJ
:) Thanx a Lot, I've been wanting to use 'em, becuz don't want to risk residue of any sprays, but I thought that NPS were like those nasty fly strips (surprised & releived to see they weren't), & people saying "mites don't fly,won't work", which made sense, then I read your thread, which made even more sense, went to home depot & read the entire pkg, & decided to do it. It's oderless & vapors released are controlled, + my setup is very well ventilated! Again, thank you, wish me luck:D

The warnings on NPS are to stop people keeping them in areas where they could contaminate food or be directly inhaled by people or for that matter a range of fauna including tortoises, snakes, lizards, etc. and, actually, NPS are pretty dangerous - I mean in a lethal way - to such cold-blooded creatures.
In mammals such as humans they act as neurotoxins causing nerve problems - the same is true of he flysprays people use in their homes etc.; the only difference is that the NPS release a small amount continuously whereas a spray releases a much larger amount for a shorter period of time.
However, to assume that the above affects a person in any way who smokes some bud that was exposed to the usual small concentration released by an NPS, is doubtful. If you believe it to be a risk, I would be interested in properly cited evidence. A plant is not affected by, or is an absorber, of NPS and even if it were, plants metabolise phosphates (the main molecule in NPS) into starches and energy.
Pretty safe product when used properly. Definitely not to be used in confined spaces or in spaces occupied more than occasionally.

BTW:
Can you get hold of some pyrethrum? That will do it. Pyrethrum is a natural insecticide from plants, that is harmless to mammals. Warning: it is lethal to fish ]and ] similar cold blooded animals. It can be hard to find pure pyrethrum, any adulterated stuff is no good. It degrades in a few weeks so even if you get it in the flowers, it will be degraded in drying and curing. And anyway it has long been known to be safe to humans.

leafminer said:
BTW:
Can you get hold of some pyrethrum? That will do it. Pyrethrum is a natural insecticide from plants, that is harmless to mammals. Warning: it is lethal to fish ]and ] similar cold blooded animals. It can be hard to find pure pyrethrum, any adulterated stuff is no good. It degrades in a few weeks so even if you get it in the flowers, it will be degraded in drying and curing. And anyway it has long been known to be safe to humans.
Somebody else mentioned pyrethrum but also cautioned against phytotoxicity. I'm very interested & would like to know where can I purchase some undiluted pyrethrum?

leafminer said:
The warnings on NPS are or for that matter a range of fauna including tortoises, snakes, lizards, etc. and, actually, NPS are pretty dangerous - I mean in a lethal way - to such cold-blooded creatures.
In mammals such as humans they act as neurotoxins causing nerve problems - the same is true of he flysprays people use in their homes etc.; the only difference is that the NPS release a small amount continuously whereas a spray releases a much larger amount for a shorter period of time.
However, to assume that the above affects a person in any way who smokes some bud that was exposed to the usual small concentration released by an NPS, is doubtful. If you believe it to be a risk, I would be interested in properly cited evidence. A plant is not affected by, or is an absorber, of NPS and even if it were, plants metabolise phosphates (the main molecule in NPS) into starches and energy.
Pretty safe product when used properly. Definitely not to be used in confined spaces or in spaces occupied more than occasionally.

???.. " to stop people keeping them in areas where they could contaminate food or be directly inhaled by people"... because it doesn't 'state' that it is harmfull if "smoked" ?? ....Would you use it on your vegetables?... "I" don't care to ingest any toxins. "Not to be taken internally by humans or animals."... If you hang it in your grow room for an extended time, then consume what was grown in there, wouldn't that be .."taken internally"?
IMO, the warning is pretty clear and evident...

Latest posts

Back