pete starter cups. please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_toker81

'Re'Member???
Reaction score
ok, i started my babies in those pete moss little cup things, when i transplanted to a 8 inch pot i just put the whole thing in. will the pete cup decompose and let the roots go through and bond with the rest of the mix or did i totally screw up??? please help

i have heard that they dont decomp that well. personally i would remove them.. but this is only my opinion .. be sure to wait for more replies as more info will be a better guide !

I believe I actually have some tomatoes in those in my veg closet right now. If it is what I am thinking of, they are made to be burind in those. The roots grow right through, the is not any decomp involved... to my knowledge at least.
But either way, you should be more then fine as far as that goes.
Good luck and good smoke

yep you can put the whole thing right into the soil. I use the Jiffy brand ones and ive heard they do decompose but I could be wrong. When i transplant I rip the sides off of the little pot and leave the bottom section on cause the roots are growing through the bottom. Personally, I think the roots are able to grow faster without sides on it cause they dont have to grow through the pot to get to more soil. But that is just my own crazy way of doing it and Im stubborn so I will probably always do it that way.

will the compressed pete starters add nutrients to my soil mix as they decompose???

dr_toker81 said:
will the compressed pete starters add nutrients to my soil mix as they decompose???

Good question. My guess is no.

Latest posts

Back