PH and Water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It enables the plant to absorb nutes.

Growdude said:
It enables the plant to absorb nutes.

:yeahthat:

My water and nutrients are both ph'd to 6.5, I grow in soil. If I only ph'd my nutrients then every time I watered it would screw things up. Hydro has it's own sweet spot.jmo

but what i think he means is, will different ph's affect how well the roots uptake the water as well as the nutes.

...right n2tg?

ShOrTbUs said:
but what i think he means is, will different ph's affect how well the roots uptake the water as well as the nutes.

...right n2tg?

If you do not pH your water the plant will still absorb the water, but it will not feed on the nutes. There are pH charts in the stickies that tell what nutes are best absorbed at a what pH

I agree with PC, but also like Hammy said, if you are feeding then doing just water every other time or so, then you should ph your water or you will cause your medium to get off from having different ph each time, and that will affect its feeding ability.

If you are flushing your medium because of toxic build up or you are running just plain water at the end of a run then there is no need to set the PH for that :)

ShOrTbUs said:

...right n2tg?

^^ im wondering why people say to flush with ph'd water when nute uptake is no longer the idea

Hushpuppy said:
If you are flushing your medium because of toxic build up or you are running just plain water at the end of a run then there is no need to set the PH for that :)

!!

New2theGame said:
^^ im wondering why people say to flush with ph'd water when nute uptake is no longer the idea

That is why I do not pH my water if and when I flush.

I ph my water if I have to flush to keep the medium at the right ph.

If you are doing an end flush for the end of the grow then I would think you still want to PH it because yer not really flushing the medium as much as yer just cutting off the nutes and going to just water.

If you are flushing to remove buildup then it shouldn't matter what the PH is unles yer water is naturally way off. In the case of true flushing yer just trying to remove contaminants from the medium. :)

Latest posts

Back