ph hi?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruffy

i love mj!
Reaction score
whats the easiest way to change or take the ph in the soil, back down? ph is about 7.4ish. baby leaves have gone yellow and curled under, most main leave are fine and striaght. been 3 days. will it just work if i let it totally dry out then put fresh water in @ the right ph?

Dolomite lime helps buffer the pH at about 6.8, I believe. When you feed you could leave the fertilizer solution a bit on the acidic side.

Why is the soil pH high? What kind of soil is it? What have you added to it, if anything? What have you been feeding with?

when i was feeding with water i was using paper ph testers and is was saying 6.2 - 6.6 so i thaught i was good. then i got a digital and it was sayin water was 7.4 so i did a soil test and yup about 7.4- 7.8. so id like to lower this before the plants die. reg soil nothing added. some seed weed juice once a week and food once a week. half a table spoon / 2 litres of water.

Home Depot has Lilly Miller fine grade in 40lb bags. 1c per cf of soil.

Ruffy said:
when i was feeding with water i was using paper ph testers and is was saying 6.2 - 6.6 so i thaught i was good. then i got a digital and it was sayin water was 7.4 so i did a soil test and yup about 7.4- 7.8. so id like to lower this before the plants die. reg soil nothing added. some seed weed juice once a week and food once a week. half a table spoon / 2 litres of water.

Make sure your ph meter is properly calibrated and then feed and water with everything at 6.5...if you have not added amendments to the soil then the ph of the soil shld straighten itself out. Unless you are using some hot mix I wld not worry about the ph of the soil so much. Jmo

Latest posts

Back