PH Issue.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
Best way to keep Ph in rez to stay around 5.5-5.8 when that the night before. The next morning the ph drops to 3.2.?
I got ph up & down and I use it.

:ciao: I seem to get the up and down for a couple days...than seems to stableize:aok:..are they any contaminates in the res?..

What type of water are you using?(city, well, rain, river/lake)
If using tap water, is there a filter/water softener being used?
What nutes?
What is your process for mixing nutes?

4u2sm0ke said:
:ciao: I seem to get the up and down for a couple days...than seems to stableize:aok:..are they any contaminates in the res?..

Couple of days, na it not working that way. Adjusts my ph to 6.0 before I pour into my rez. Check my rez it down to 3.2 last night and as I put more water in an the rez ph goes up to about 5.5 and by night it down again.
I looked at the bottom of rez and it clean as a whistle of any contaminantes but I can't say what is in the other buckets. I can check the shorter plant bucket, but the the other it Too Big to lift lid..
They r starting to show signs of budding.

pcduck said:
What type of water are you using?(city, well, rain, river/lake)
If using tap water, is there a filter/water softener being used?
What nutes?
What is your process for mixing nutes?

Well water from tap
GH 3 part
Mix my mites in 5 gal bucket and adjust PH and let it sit all day and readjust when light comes back on if needed.

I checked bottom of bucket only on my shortest plant and found That there crap at the bottom. I don't know what to do with the big plant to check bottom, I can't lift the lid.
If I buy a 30 gal tote then I would have to move my whole set up to rest of bedroom for height for light.

Here I thought I was doing good, but now seem it all screwed up.

Need to get those rez temps down.

H2O2 your buckets/rez. May need to do it a couple of times.

On the buckets lids you can remove. Remove the gunk before H2O2.

On the ones you can't just do your best to add aeration/stir them up good to try to get this gunk to pump out. Then H2O2.

Need lower rez temps. I like mine at 68°

I clean 3 bucket out of 4. The 4 bucket is my tree that I can't pick up.
I gave just clean water ph 5.9 and hope for good results.
Do I do this weekly or monthly, clean out buckets.???

If you are able to get your rez temps down, you only need to clean them out after you are finished with your grow. That is how I do it.

Ok...

Ph swing causes -

Down- nutrient solution to strong, and/or to much ph down before letting the solution buffer

Up- nutrient solution to weak, not letting buffer and/or adding ph up before full buffer

Let solution bubble and buffer OVERNIGHT. Don't even CHECK ph until the next day. If the mix is right you will have perfect buffer for days...

If the well water is to high in ppm, using GH hard water micro might help if u still get swings.

R/O might be the solution....

Hope that helps some....

I'm new to growin', what I do is change water once a week. When I change H2O,I put in the nuts 1st, that will lower pH a lot. I adjust pH to that. As the week goes on, pH lowers a little. In the middle of the week, I add about a 1/2 gallon of pH balanced H2O. As I said, I'm new to growin', but it looks like its workin for me.
Be good to yourselfs, tnasdad

Latest posts

Back