PH Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trebla781

Reaction score
Hello everyone...I was wondering what I should have my PH level at if Im using Cococoir soiless mix? anything anyone can tell me would be greatly apreciated.

being a fellow coco grower myself i run my pH just @ 6.7.... Ii amend with dolomite lime and treat it just like soil. Cept with coco i can feed every watering.

TBG got it right but i try to keep it within 6.5-6.8... Just preadjust ur nutes before you water/feed to the right pH and water till you get runoff.. As long as the runoff pH is close then you are good to go.

check out this thread ...
http://www.420genetics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=25179#post25179

With Organics, checking the pH in the nutrients and grow medium is the only thing necessary.. i recommend checking pH in chem grows with coco.. as some do it...

So when i add nutrients to the resivior and check the ph it should be between 6.2 and 6.8 right? Then I water them when the PH level is right? And how often should I water ?

so the coco mix's PH should be between 6.5 and 6.8 or the water mixed with nutrients ph should be between 6.5 and 6.8? Sorry people as you can clearly tell im a NOOB!:(

Both man, you want to adjust the pH of the coco up to 6.5-6.8 with dolomite lime.

Then, before you water or feed your plants, always adjust your nutrients to 6.7-6.8 and you will never ever have a pH problem. Coco is that simple.No way to screw it up as long as you always know what you are feeding em and what the pH is.

I would suggest anything organic for coco, and don't believe the hype cause you dont' need anything specially fomulated for coco.. it's horsecrap.

ANy good nutrient line, whether fox farms, Metanaturals(my choice), Botanicare( most any brand of theirs) and many others.. even the alaska brands work well with it.

Coco is forgiving.. you made the correct choice to start with it.
Just remember, you are going to have to feed every water, from the time the cotyledons fall off, till the time you harvest. Especially if you run straight coco. Coco has nothing that the plant can use. It is naturally barren.it looks like soil, but def is not ;).
Another tip is to start your seeds in a good organic soil, and transplant to the coco. Coco doesn't tend to germinate seeds well unless you cover the containers with seran wrap or a humidity dome of sorts..

Follow these tips and you won't ever have a problem.
Anyways, search the web for coco info.. its' there but few and far in between ...mjp has a whole forum devoted to coco.

Hey so how do i put the dolomite lime in it? I cant mix it in the coco because its already in the pots

Take the coco out of the pots and put it into a large rubbermaid type container and mix in the dolomite lime... The ph right now is prb around 5.0-6.0 with no pH buffers at all...Mixing in a little dolomite lime is going to make the medium more forgiving.....

come now don't be lazy.

hey...i..didnt..check,..the..ph..before..planting..the.plant..so..is..it..safe.to.
put..ph..up..and..down..directly..into..the..soil..or..should..i..make..up..a..food.
with..water,..nutrients..and..the..ph..stuff...?

Latest posts

Back