Ph question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Dro

Bud-Doc
Reaction score
Ok I wanna get something stright a "PH meter" is for water, And a "TDS meter" is for soil? Im I right? if not what are the proper names for both soil and water testers?
Dro:cool2:

thats a nice meter, you could find somthing less expensive.
Try e-bay

I have 1 of these, they work fine and are cheap

change the xx to tt

hxxp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/METER-FOR-MEASURING-MOISTURE-PH-LIGHT-ALL-IN-ONE_W0QQitemZ150233932794QQihZ005QQcategoryZ3186QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

no im not spamming lol

I use the hanna combo meter hi98130. it cost me about $150, 15 yrs ago or so, and I just replaced an electrode after over 10 years of daily use. I think it is a good meter, but it is the only 1 I've had.

Might be cheaper to buy 2 separate units also, a ph meter and a tds meter. I dunno...

Dr.Dro said:
Ok I wanna get something stright a "PH meter" is for water, And a "TDS meter" is for soil? Im I right? if not what are the proper names for both soil and water testers?
Dro:cool2:

No.

Ph meters test the acidity or the alkalinity of either soil or water. You cannot use the same ph meter for both soil and water. Ph meters for water are different than ph meters for soil.

A TDS meter is for measuring the Total Dissolved Solids in a liquid--be it plain water or a hydroponic nutrient solution.

Latest posts

Back