PH question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorBudMan

Reaction score
The PH in the tap water in my area is around 7.5 - 8.0 what can I do to lower these levels?

Add your nutes and see what it is. May be like myn and I dont even have to adjust it, nutes lower it. You would be perfect for soil. Hydro, your gonna need some PH down/UP.

yeah mine comes out of the tap at about 8, and after i add the nutes i'm doing currently its like 3 or 4. get some PH up & PH down...
goodluck

ph down phosphoric acid is great, dont use vinegar or lime, it just evaporates so quick and would reak your room

I would get some pH down that is made specifically for plants, as this pH down will have elements in it that the plant can use.

:yeahthat:

I use general hydroponics ph up and down, both are great products and not too expensive. My tap water is 7.5 but my RO water is 6.0 so I don't have to use the up or down any longer unless I am feeding the plants when I use the RO water

chuckdee123 said:
yeah mine comes out of the tap at about 8, and after i add the nutes i'm doing currently its like 3 or 4. get some PH up & PH down...
goodluck

What kind of nutes are you using that drops your pH 4-5 points?

If you have a hyro store near you look for the organic pH adjuster. I can't think of the brand names off the top of my head but there is a shelf of them at my store so I know they exist that is if your in soil. For hydro just regular pH down in the hydro section will work.

hugs4nuggs420 said:
If you have a hyro store near you look for the organic pH adjuster. I can't think of the brand names off the top of my head but there is a shelf of them at my store so I know they exist that is if your in soil. For hydro just regular pH down in the hydro section will work.

I use Earth Juice PH Adjusting Crystals. They come in 2lb containers and are pretty inexpensive. Supposedly, chemical adjusters kill organic stuff in your soil that is very beneficial to the plants, this brand does not affect biological activity, according to manufacturer. It is like coarse salt in appearance. My Brita filtered tap water is neutral (7), I add about 10 granules of PH Down per gallon to get it to 6.5, so a little goes a long way. I have had the set i'm using now for about 2 years, and they are still over half full.

NorBudMan said:
The PH in the tap water in my area is around 7.5 - 8.0 what can I do to lower these levels?

If you can't get PH down (get the 85%) in a pinch you could use lemon juice....I would not use vinegar!

erwinsweeney said:
I use Earth Juice PH Adjusting Crystals. They come in 2lb containers and are pretty inexpensive. a little goes a long way. I have had the set i'm using now for about 2 years, and they are still over half full.

Same here es. Like you said, it doesn't take much. A small pinch can alter your pH almost a point.

AG

All i've ever used is lemon juice. Had the same bottle for a couple of years now:D.

Organic pH adjusters are not needed if your feeding chemical ferts, and if your using organic nutes, you don't want to use chem adjusters...it all depends on what your using.

I've not even been adjusting the ph of my solution with my organic grow. I made sure it was inoculated with microbial life, the soil was buffered with dolomite lime...so far so good my micro beasts have been doing their jobs because the runoff has been tested right in the window that I want 6.3-6.8

bombbudpuffa said:
All i've ever used is lemon juice. Had the same bottle for a couple of years now:D.
i'm sorry but i dot see how this is possible except if your not checkin for PH. i tried lemon, vinegar and concentrated lime juice, all suck! they evaporate from my res in a day or 2 top raising the ph up and leave behind foul smells

Latest posts

Back