Phelps "blew" it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pot Belly

Honeywagoneer
Reaction score
Saw an interview with him today. He was evasive and very vague about the situation. Somehow mumbled something about a "mistake" and not doing it again.

What a perfect opportunity to let the world know that everyone smokes, (even winners) and that it isn't all what "they" say it is.

It was obvious he was more concerned about his "sponsors" opinion.

yep,i agree somewhat but it is his career and livleyhood after all :ignore:.i think i would keep it hidden/downplay it for the amount he gets paid of his sponsers :eek:

lets see, make potentially 50 million in endorsements or loose it all. it ain't hard to choose between the two. Also Kellogg's has dropped him as a sponsor. it would be nice if the stars would ban together.

i felt the same. shame he says he made a mistake (when i'd bet he doesn't feel that way at all) but i understand it, he has a lot to lose.

that's what we need though. our society is pretty dumb, and think celebrity's are gods. so if some high profile celebs started speaking for the decriminalization of marijuana, it'd go a long way, i think.

This Punk still has SEVERAL MILLION DOLLARS in the bank.If he didnt make another dollar ,,,he could still live very very well the rest of his Life. The guy whinned like a girl on camera. Makes me sick.:ignore:

Don't boycott Kellogg

Friday, February 06, 2009 by Dave Winer.

First, a disclaimer -- I used to smoke pot, but I haven't in many years. I don't smoke anything, or actually take any drugs that get me high. However, I strongly believe that marijuana should be decriminalized, even made legal.

I think it's the ultimate in hypocrisy to argue that former members of the excecutive branch of the US govt should not be prosecuted for war crimes because it would be looking backward, while our jails are full of people whose only "crime" is that they smoke pot.

It's like we have two legal systems, one for the powerful and one for the rest of us. It's so un-American, I don't know why people can't see that.

For the rest of the article:
www.scripting.com/stories/2009/02/06/dontBoycottKellogg.html

well he did get suspended from SWIMMING USA for 3 months, and the guy likes to swim, so he has to say he's sorry.

Im sick of these pampered, Crybaby, Athletes.When he finally can stand up and "really do something" that would help someone besides himself,,,you know,,like sick PPL that need (MMJ)Whats he do!! This PUNK,, cries like a little *****,,cause he got caught smoken some weed.:ignore:

And by the way,,He musta been hanging out with some more stand up guys,, like himself,,, for his pic to end up on the Net in the 1st place.;) .

He's still a young punk scared of what his mama thinks about him........a do-gooder in the limelight, enjoying his new financial windfall. But he'll go back to toking up soon enough when the smoke clears.

The only real 'mistake' he knows he made was letting that azzwipe take a pic of him and sell him out.

POTUS said:
It's like we have two legal systems, one for the powerful and one for the rest of us. I don't know why people can't see that.
It's like night and day to me. And the concern to prosecute him on a picture taken in the past. Of just him toking up? With no tangible evidence?

What about the criminal activity that has led to our "worldwide" financial crisis? Those guys were able to write their own contracts, making their activity "legal", and above the law. They somehow figured a way to reach into my wallet, rob me of my money, and not get prosecuted for it. Then they get bailed out, and we pay for it again with heavy taxation. If that ain't criminal, I don't know what is..........

It's the "haves and the have mores" against the "have-nots". Has been since the beginning of time.

When people are in the lime-light and millions of dollars are in the mix, the spokesman will always do as they are instructed to do by their advisers when the money spout starts drying up.

If anyone here thinks that Phelps "apology" was sincere, I have some land to sell you. Come by at low tide and I'll show it to you.

They probably squirted onion juice in his eyes just before putting the cameras on him and had a chart with his forecasted earnings on the wall behind the camera.

What bullcrap.

As was Kellogg's statement about the incident. They want their earnings to continue climbing. The advisers told the decision makers that this was the path to best ensure that happening.

It's business.

Don't take it so personally.

It has nothing to do with Marijuana. It's all about money.

As usual.

Good posting POTUS, Keloggs has to drop him, they're mainly aiming at young kids, they have kids help lines on each of there boxes, they gotta stay goody good.

all i have to say is would of been better if bong was loaded thick w/ milk.

Better yet if they had an after shot with a milk bong mustache.

Too bad it had to happen but we all must remember that we love something tha is very taboo in our society. We all should try to be careful in what we do and he knows his life is open to the public. The person we should be after is the punk who took the picture and sold it to the press now that was low. Matter of fact the camera man/woman should have their eyelids taped open and flashed with a camera or a strobe light for 2 days straight.:hitchair:

Latest posts

Back