Pictureless grow...where's your imagination?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#1 is getting real bushy:hubba: . "her" canopy has covered half the pot with a couple of the original top hanging over the edges. She smells real grassy and leaves are dark green:D . How many nodes? idk?:confused: too much bush to tell--lots of new growth forming at exposed areas. I never noticed on my other grow, but does the stem near the soil shed it's skin? It could be from the damage received while using twist ties, but #2 shows similar traits--As long as they don't grow into an Audrey II life is good. lol. Top of soil is still moist and pot is heavy when lifted.

#2 really wants some H20 (feed me Semore). Before i came to work, she felt really light when lifted, but no droopiness nor heat stress. #2 will be watered with 6.0 ph water. The nodes are green, she has three healthy set of leaves, and a fourth set of leaves taking shape--already showing me there are going to be five fingers.

As a random thought...I will be flowering the citrals when August comes. Before the 12/12 lights come on, i will keep the lights off for approximately 32 hours before turning them back on--apperantly it promotes the flowering stage without confusing the plant. The lights on will be from 9p.m. to 9a.m. since i will be home during lights on, these are the times where the temperature is at its lowest while remaining stable, and i will also be able to keep her in total darkness during the day as oppose to night--don't ask why it just works this way.

Hmmm...two weeks and still no beans from Nirvana (Top 44, aurora indica) i'll assume it was because of the holiday this past weekend. If nothing by Monday, i'll give them a holler--"john" suggested aurora indica and bubbleliciouswhich were the two i was looking at from the strain wizard. I'll wait till the skills are steady before growing bubblelicious.

Stay irie,
kailiwela44

kailiwela44 said:
#1 is getting real bushy:hubba: . "her" canopy has covered half the pot with a couple of the original top hanging over the edges. She smells real grassy and leaves are dark green:D . How many nodes? idk?:confused: too much bush to tell--lots of new growth forming at exposed areas. I never noticed on my other grow, but does the stem near the soil shed it's skin? It could be from the damage received while using twist ties, but #2 shows similar traits--As long as they don't grow into an Audrey II life is good. lol. Top of soil is still moist and pot is heavy when lifted.

#2 really wants some H20 (feed me Semore). Before i came to work, she felt really light when lifted, but no droopiness nor heat stress. #2 will be watered with 6.0 ph water. The nodes are green, she has three healthy set of leaves, and a fourth set of leaves taking shape--already showing me there are going to be five fingers.

Okay Kaili....Sounds good..:rofl: .#2 gets watered diffrent then 1?...Do you have a moister meter?..that lifting and sticking fingers into soil...$15 American will buy one...works great for me..those 5 Gallon containers and the soil..oh yeah and the FAT Lady:hubba: . Think its to Risky..JMO..KEEP M GREEN:D my Friend:)

As a random thought...I will be flowering the citrals when August comes. Before the 12/12 lights come on, i will keep the lights off for approximately 32 hours before turning them back on--apperantly it promotes the flowering stage without confusing the plant. The lights on will be from 9p.m. to 9a.m. since i will be home during lights on, these are the times where the temperature is at its lowest while remaining stable, and i will also be able to keep her in total darkness during the day as oppose to night--don't ask why it just works this way.

Hmmm...two weeks and still no beans from Nirvana (Top 44, aurora indica) i'll assume it was because of the holiday this past weekend. If nothing by Monday, i'll give them a holler--"john" suggested aurora indica and bubbleliciouswhich were the two i was looking at from the strain wizard. I'll wait till the skills are steady before growing bubblelicious.

Stay irie,
kailiwela44

Wow did I screw that up...sorry Kaili..

No wonder I didnt see anything else..lol..2 weeks huh? never ordered from them..I always wait a good 6 weeks but then im USA ..I hear their good mayB some here can pop in a smoke a bowl..and then tell us both huh? Thanks for shareing with us..even if I cant see them..say...what if you need help on your girl?...you will need to post pics then..yes?...Not that I wish anything Bad on you my friend I wish nothing but FEMALES fat with BUddssss..But I am still Subscribed...KEEP M GREEN

4u2smoke said:
Wow did I screw that up...sorry Kaili..
I originally wanted to keep the watering regimine strict, but being that #1 is a little older the soil dried up pretty fast. As far as my ghetto style moisture check it worked on my last grow so until i really mess up i'll keep going.

4u2smoke said:
No wonder I didnt see anything else..lol..2 weeks huh? never ordered from them..I always wait a good 6 weeks but then im USA ..I hear their good mayB some here can pop in a smoke a bowl..and then tell us both huh? Thanks for shareing with us..even if I cant see them..say...what if you need help on your girl?...you will need to post pics then..yes?...Not that I wish anything Bad on you my friend I wish nothing but FEMALES fat with BUddssss..But I am still Subscribed...KEEP M GREEN
the last time i ordered i got them in about 9 days. I think what kills their shipping method is that people expose how they do their discreet shipping.
I got tempted for my not-yet-received seeds and sent them an e-mail. I basically stated that i haven't received my order yet and what i should do.
From my short experience with them...
1. friendly customer service via e-mail--what goes around comes around.
2. a bit pricey compared to DR Chronic sells their seeds, but like us growers we try to cut out the middle man.
3. They sponsor Roll it up dot org--good site but i prefer this one because the experience growers say that their growing methods are the best way; i.e. like how some hydro people crap on us earthly folk.
4. Other smaller companies sell their seeds.
5. I hope to reach the state of Nirvana.

4u2smoke said:
This Laptop...and these Fat fingers..and Im a bit stoned..my Message is in your quote...ROLMFAO...
Its cool. One of reasons why i don't use my gf's laptop. As soon as i go to my chick's (not being sexest) house i'll bring my camera and upload some pics. That reminds me to take more tonight. Plus you should see all the reviewing i do before posting. lol.
As far as needing help, my dad seems to state a lot of the things that i've read from other's posts and resource page. So, he is kinda like my warning light before all hell breaks loose--he's more tuned in to outdoor growing. I just try not to get him too involved cause he was into ice (what us hawaiians call crystal meth) and his advice is to mainly do high stress training--topping and never heard of LST. Not to mention its a lot easier for me to have more a discussion and hear other's opinions. whew...am i being a babbling stoner? probably.

see ya 2morrow,
kailiwela44

Nirvana beans received. Next grow will Aurora Indica or Top 44 on 12/12, from sprout to harvest, with my Citrals--experiment.

i've been sick with a stomach flu and forgot to note the temperatures and humidity. My observations have led me to conclude that temps max out @ 93F, on a very hot day, with the typical range being from 86F to 89F--lights on.
On a side note, if i remember, i'll post my Narrative paper i wrote a few years ago in my college English class. "Stoniercropolot Munchieguy". I'd like to share this because it's funny and i lost my process paper on how to roll a doob.

7/11/08
  • 500mL H20 with 1/4 TSP of Molasses
    • 15 min for runoff to be gone waters another 500mL of straight H20
  • There are light green patches on two of the older set of fan leaves
    • one leaf is curled at the end
    • All new growth are green with no yellowing
  • Five sets of Fan leaves
    • three 5 finger
    • one 3 finger
    • original top 3 finger
  • Approimately 3" tall (7cm) before LST re-applied; Just under 8" (20cmx20cm) wide
  • LST re-applied
    • Original top hanging over edge
    • New shoot looks to be new cola
  • Soil added to fill gaps
  • 3.25" tall (8cm); ~9"x9.5" (23cmx24cm) wide
  • 5 sets of leaves
    • Lowest leaf set one finger
    • 2nd three fingers
    • one 5 fingers
    • two 7 fingers
With my new fan in the box the temperatures have dropped to ranges in the mid 80's. I believe this along with a air purifier cools the temperature down in the box and closet. The air purifier exhausts cooler air than it intakes. The strength of the exhaust is comparable to a small fan.
About a week or two before i turn the lights on to 12/12, i will germinate one Aurora Indica or Top 44 seed and do the grow on a 12/12 light regiment after it's first set of fan leaves grow. As to the pot size i'll be using i'm not too sure at the moment, but i will research other posts to see what can be used--maybe even a 20oz soda bottle.

Be cool,
kailiwela44

Nothing too new to report on the plants. However, I have placed the bulbs i will be using for flowering so i can see how the temperature reacts--use to get close to 100F with the old way of circulating air. Currently, I have four 40w Soft white (2700K; 2600 lumens) and two 40w Cool white (6500K; 2600lumens). It comes to about 15,600 lumens over a 25"x14" (about 1.5ft squared) or 25"x14"x23" (just under 2cu.ft). Thats all the math i am going to do now. If anyone loves math more than me, would you please fill in other info i may need to know.
From my trial run today, the temperatures are gonna start reaching the mid 90F again--they don't call them Warm white for nothing. This is okay for me because i started C02 again. The temperature use to hit mid 90s in the middle of the night. So, i'm about five to seven degrees cooler than before on hotter days than before...make sense?
On thursday, i will cut the light down to 18/6 to simulate oncoming winter and aleviate some temperature problems. The two hours that will be turned back will be one hour after normal lights on and one hour before lights out (On at 6p.m. off at 12p.m.)

"wanna get high",
kailiwela44

Power went out today just as lights were about to turn off:eek: . So i'm not worried about that:spit: . What i am worried about is that i will be one hour late to restart the lights. Hopefully they won't get stressed out on having one 17 hour day followed by 18 hour days. i placed a Top44 seed into rockwool and once she has her first set of leaves, she goes into the box with the citrals. Since T44 will be mostly on 12/12, the entire box will be put into the 12/12 cycle, regardless if it's earlier than the original date, once the first set of leaves have formed. However, i will still put the Citrals in total darkness for about 33 hours till lights on again. Top44 will be grown using regular black gold top soil with extra perlite and in honor of the CFL guru, she will be grown in a 20oz "Mug Rootbeer" bottle.

Max temps 89F (shaded from fan leaves, but still not close to mid 90). I switched the plant positions (#1 where #2 was, and vice versa). This actually helped the circulation and lowered the temperature of my box (pictures will do justice once their posted).

#1 original top has once again become queen of the mountain but with about two other shoots looking like tops as well.

Have a nice day:D ,
kailiwela44

KGB30 said:
Sounds good. Sweet setup from what you stated.

Thanks,:D I have three bulbs on top on both sides--The four warm white on the ends with the cool white in the middle. When i make a new box i'll try to have the bulbs spread to four sides--two on each side (soft white), one in the middle on the front and back (cool white). The box i have now is an old night stand from some Waikiki hotel my dad got from rubbish (one hotels trash is a growers grow box):hubba: . It was a pain in the butt:fid: to cut out the vent holes. I only had a drill (thank god for the right bit):fid: and had to drill holes in a circular shape to get the big hole:fid: . It was about 1/2 inches thick:fid: . I have a hunch that the thickness of the box keeps the heat higher:rolleyes: .

Oh, seperately, the switch to 18/6 will start today because of the power outtage.

:eek: 7/15
#1 was watered with 1L of h20
#2 was watered with 1L of h20
After 45 minutes, run-offs from both plants removed.

7/16
As i posted earlier there was a power outtage on this day. When i got home the power had been out for about five hours (timer was behind). I didn't get to go home right away, but when i did the lights were still off. This means that there was about nine hours of total darkness:eek: . I decided that instead of risking light schedule stress i would put these "girls" into flower:eek: .

#1-25 days old since sprouted
  • 4" tall
  • canopy covers 1/2 of the pot diameter:hubba:
#2-21 days since sprouted
  • 4.5" tall
  • 12" diameter:hubba:
  • Foilage:hubba:
    • 1 single finger
    • 1 three finger
    • 1 five finger
    • 1 seven finger
    • 1 nine finger
    • newest set is going to have at least 7 fingers, but is not fully developed yet;)
I recorded the temperatures but as i was re-writing my notebook i excluded them because of STM (short term memory):doh: . From my buzzed memory the highs were 89.1F and ~50% humidity. The low was ~81F, but i forgot what the humidity was.

As i was measuring the sizes of the Citrals, i realized that left over vertical space, for #2, is limited to about 4" before she hits the lights. I am able to remove the two Cool white bulbs and place them at about dirt level. If i need to do this, depending on space, i'll keep the 40watters in there or switch them out for 26watt warm whites. If i do not need to move the lights and when she does get a few inches away i'll apply LST to keep her from hitting the lights. According to Nirvana, the Citrals should take about 8 weeks to flower. According to the "See More Buds..." book, she can grow up to 100% taller--last male was about 50% taller before i showed that male who's the man. j/k.

Top 44 still has not sprouted. Because i've already put the lights into 12/12, i removed T44 from the grow space untill "she" sprouts. once she has sprouted she will be placed into her soda bottle and added into the grow box--hopefully she won't stretch too much.

Stay irie,
kailiwela44

#1 watered 500mL h20 w/ 0.25 tsp of MG bloom:ignore:

#2 watered 1L h20 w/ 0.25 tsp of MG bloom:ignore:

After an hour, #2 still had some runoff left in 'her' tray. Instead of watering #1, i switched the catch trays and the excess h20 from #2 was soaked up by #1. #2 is starting to widen. i need to look up situations where horizontal space becomes an issue. #2 only has about an inch from two sides of the walls.

The yellowing leaves i found on #1 earlier are still alive. The yellowing hasn't spread to other leaves, new growths are healthy looking green, no curls (which would happen if it was infested?).

Both have their separate smells, #1 smells like any other type of greenery i have outside, and #2 has an almost skunky smell to it...interesting smithers.

As for my nutes, I will alternate using MG Bloom and Scultz african violets every fifth watering. I will use two waterings for straight H20 then one watering with molasses, then H20, then Nutes. The regimine should be something like this...
(started) MG...h20...h20...h20w/molasses...h20...schultz...h20...h20...h20w/molasses
...h20...MG...h20...etc.

I still am taking pictures. My chicks laptop screen is going down so posting pictures will be delayed--as if there are any already. I'm still trying to decide how to post them when i do; i.e. edit past posts or refer pictures to dated posts.

be stoned and enjoy your weekend,
kailiwela44

Good to hear its still going good. As for light stress I've asked around everyone and they say in veg the changing of the light cycle shouldn't cause any stress. I moved from 18h to 24h in order to reset light schedule to to nighttime when I go into 12/12 tonight or tomorrow night. Sounds like we'll be harvesting citrals together in 8 weeks!

kailiwela44 said:
KGB30. Good luck on your moonlight clone.

She is hot & sexy. She makes a person drewal. lol

7/20
#1 Watered 1L h20
#2 Watered 1L h20

After one hours run-offs from both Citrals removed.

#2 is starting to stretch out. She grew about 2" tall since lights switched to 12/12. First set of leaves, single finger, is starting to yellow.

#1 is also stretching upward. First set of fan leaves yellowing completely and may fall of soon. These were the same leaved which already had yellow spots.

Latest posts

Back