PIOT: Over Watering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cryhavoc

StickyIcky
Reaction score
I have four, two week old Plants. They started to look a little wilty and I did some research that told me, I might have been over watering them. I was watering them once a day, I switched to watering them every two to three days. They haven't started to show any signs of improvement. They look like they are getting a little worse. I am also concerned that this could be burns. I am using a 300w CFL. I wish I had a before and after picture, but I took pictures of two of the plants, and here you can see the major difference. One of them seems almost unaffected. Same watering routines, same light, same soil. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unaffected Plant:

12-6-2008 031.JPG

Affected Plant:

OverWater 018.JPG

I posted in the wrong topic before. I noticed and moved it here. I did do it before you replied on the other one though. Hence the title says PIOT: Posted in other topic.

Looks to be a small pot my friend..what size is it..Looks like the start of root bound as well as drowning..let that soil dry for 3 days..then transfer into a larger pot..JMO and get a moister meter from Home Depot..and use it..it works 4me.. Good luck KEEP M GREEN

some plants react diffrently but thet first pic is showing signs of RB as well

They're fine. You're just being tooooooo worried. As long as you don't over water anymore, you're fine, those leaves are gonna be at the bottome of the plant soon, and they aren't really that bad. Might be a little heat stress on the second one as well.

All in all, they are fine, just relax, water when the soil is bone dry and watch your temps.

The pot they are in is about 3.5 inches across. Any idea what strain these are?

Impossible to tell my friend. Indica heavy strain it seems.

good luck you will see the root stucture will be wraped around the bottom..Be sure the soil is dry when doing a trasplant,, it helps to keep the roots in tact..Keep us posted..

4u2sm0ke said:
good luck you will see the root stucture will be wraped around the bottom..Be sure the soil is dry when doing a trasplant,, it helps to keep the roots in tact..Keep us posted..
Damn nice call! Thanks! When I transferred the sick looking one, that is exactly what I saw. Wish I had thought of that sooner. I just assumed it would be okay in that pot for another week or so. I am going to transfer the rest when I get back from picking up some more pots. Thanks alot, man.

:welcome: my friend.. I always think of the roots 3 times what they are in leaf growth..I just transplanted my LST plant from 3 gallon bag to 5 gallon bucket cause of it..lol..give them a good drink with some worm or coffee grind tea..it will be fine..what size pot did you put it in? :bolt::bong:

cool throw up some new pics in a few days will ya..thanks. Is this the start of a Grow Journal/ if so we can get a mod to move you..:bolt::bong:

You can tell by the weight,,if they dry or not.:hubba:

CowboyBudsky said:
You can tell by the weight,,if they dry or not.:hubba:

Not very accurate...IMO:p

But then again im weak and most of the time stoned :bolt::bong:

4u2sm0ke said:
Not very accurate...IMO:p

But then again im weak and most of the time stoned :bolt::bong:
hahaha I could probably go ahead and make this a journal. And yeah I will update pics. I try to take them about once a week.
<--- The one over there is just a couple days old. It is from this same batch. In fact is the plant in the first picture (edited for color of course)

I PM'ed SmokingMom she will hook you up my friend..Looking forward to the pics..I update my grows with pics every weekend..and I love Pics..lol..How they doing today..they bounce back yet? Happy Monday:bolt::bong: KEEP M GREEN

Latest posts

Back