pistils before 12/12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
temps at 80-85, rh at 40 usually using a basic humidifier.

good song!

what kind of lights you using? what are these sidelights? plants lookin nice, what strain??

Zem- One 250 watt hps and two 100w cmpct fleuoros. Really? thanks. actually some high grade bagseed i didnt think would go far

congrats on the girls! Hey pencil, just wondering where else you would find pistils in veg? I'm curious to what you meant about if it's at the nodes by the main stem then good...I don't know what you meant?

LegalizeFreedom- Thanks man, you've been on this bumpy road with me too, i wasnt exactly sure either about pencils comment but i thought it may be for a good reason.
Whats your opinion on goin to 18/6 or 12/12 yet? Also, would it be even more stressful to repot the smaller girl or both into a final pot to finish in at this point?

If any one has ideas on controlling temps and rh in dark period help, not sure how thats gonna go:rolleyes:

I was going to say to wait and veg them until they are healthy, but I wanted to go back through the posts and make sure I was talking to the right person...lol...but yeah it was you! Veg longer get them looking healthy. Once you get them looking happy I would do a final transplant 1 week b4 I was ready to flip to 12/12 make sure they have a good soil and plenty of room for the roots.

A dehumidifier, it will add heat, and draw out moisture. If it's still not warm enough, put a small electric heater close to your intake.

LF- Haha, ok cool yea i was thinking i would wait to see if they continue to look good they are thriving right now, but the tips of some new growth on the one are yellow and some undergrowth is spotty yellowish im still trying to get that worked out not sure what it is and how bad, if you look in my last thread.....
I need to figure that out first
Thanks for the final transplant info. and 12/12.

legalize_freedom said:
congrats on the girls! Hey pencil, just wondering where else you would find pistils in veg? I'm curious to what you meant about if it's at the nodes by the main stem then good...I don't know what you meant?

Hey Legalize. I'd hope I didn't find pistils anywhere but at the nodes during veg. This time last year, I couldn't have told you what a pre-flower was, and wasn't sure what skill level Stinky was working from. Stress was mentioned earlier and I wasn't sure if that had pushed the ladies into flower accidentally.

By the way, Legalize, you give very solid advice. Nice having you around here.

oh and sorry...you want to bring your temps down not up...lol...the opposite for most at this time of year. I would suggest maybe a bigger cfm exhaust, or at least running exhaust more frequently...I don't know your set-up.

You definately want to get all those health issues in check before going to 12/12 though...you don't want to be dealing with that stuff and trying to flowr them if you don't have to. I'd make sure they are in at least 3 gl containers, with a good soil.

So do you Pencil....Thanks...yeah I just wondered what you meant by that...lol...trying to think where else pistils would grow...lol...I was stumped. Now I understand...you were just concerned that they may not have been pistils at all...got ya! Thanks for the clarification!

Hey Stinky after looking at your pics on pg 1, I noticed that they are in an open set-up, your best bet is to try to force some fresh air in there, from another room. This is why most of us run closed systems, so we can regulate the environment a little easier than haveing the plants in an open space like that.

Is that a bathroom that they are in? If so do you have a ceiling vent fan you can use to bring out the old stale air?...your looking at a real challenge to try to control your environment with that type of set-up.

LF -They are actually in a cabinet i built that is in a closet so i am able to control the environment somewhat, as of now, with a fan to cool the hps an oscillating fan by the door and one for the girls alone, and a humidifier. I just have the door cracked a little for ventilation. Temps stay at 80-85, Rh at 40.
Im worried that when lights go out, and fans and humidifier go off it will be too cold and humidity will get below 10% for sure where im at. so i need to figure out how much that will change, if i would keep the fans running and wether or not to turn the humidifier down or off, just nervous about how it will be when i get to that point.

Also pencil i was a little afraid the stress forced them to pre-flower thats why i started this thread, to see if there were other possible reasons to look out for......

I keep all my fans running even during lights out...

Hamster- really? I just dont know how cold and dry that will make it in there

if you have to get a portable electric heater by your intake, to bring in warm air. The humidity in my room always rises during the dark period, so I don't see how it will drop in your dark period. my temps in the dark are in the mid 60's and my plants are fine. If the room has heat in it, they should be okay...or are they out in a garage or something? As long as the temps stay above 55 they should be okay.

Lf- like i said they are in my closet so the temps shouldnt get too low if they are good around 60 i dont see why it would get lower than that, but with the cold air outside my place has very low humidity. Maybe a small heater will work we'll see when the time comes.

I was going to say you shld check the temps now...put a temp gauge in another part of the room and check it in the middle of the night to see just how cool it is and if your gauge checks humidity you can find out this also...

HL- good point, the only thing is the heat might be different in the room the closet is in because of the heater, with the closet door shut or even cracked the closet seemed to be much colder at night before, but it will still give me an idea of temp and humidity, and should'nt get too much colder. Im gonna do that tonight. Thanks

stinkyelements said:
Also pencil i was a little afraid the stress forced them to pre-flower thats why i started this thread, to see if there were other possible reasons to look out for......

Man, if we can figure out how to stress plants into declaring pre-sex, we'll get rich.;)

Luck and peace--you're on the right track and asking the right questions.

The only problem with checking in an empty room is that your plants will transpire in the dark, so your humidity will go up some...not sure how much with just a couple plants. But checking it now is a good idea, just be prepared for it to rise when lights are out and you have plants in there. My hygrometer has a memory for the lowest and highest RH in the given 24 hr period. so when my lights come on, I am still able to see what my RH was when the lights were out..at least at it's highest point. it does the same with the temp. you can pick up one of these type meters from Meijers or Wal-Mart for around 10 bucks.

I love my temp gage it will tell me the highest and lowest temp in the last 24 hours so I can them easily. I also leave myf ans on during lights off. I figure that outside the wind doesnt just stop moving...airflow seems to be good. prevents mold makes the stems strong..just a nice gentle breeze..

just read your post lf wonder if we have the same one..lol

Latest posts

Back