pistils before 12/12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jack's and Peters are the same thing.;)

W.R. Grace bought out the Peter's name, or something along those lines.

Jack's is the original family who developed Peter's in the first place.

Confused the hell out of me also when I went to buy more Peter's.:holysheep:

I've always bought the 25# bags which lasted years and missed the name change before my bag ran out.

DD

Droopy- I am considering cloning and experimenting w/ that so might not be a bad idea to try 1/2 jacks and half organic, i have a few experiments going now just starting.

jman- I think im making a trip to the hydro store and maybe experiment with others. Do i still have time to get them on somewhat the schedule you tested with, if i get what i need?

there is no more peters then??? I use to use that stuff all the time when I was running ditches and fence lines

LF- do u disagree with going with jacks on this one or stay with that and experiment a little more with the organics?

legalize_freedom said:
there is no more peters then??? I use to use that stuff all the time when I was running ditches and fence lines

The (now), president of Jack's name is Jack R Peters and the co name is actually J.R.Peters Inc.

Not sure how W.R. Grace ended up with the 'Peters' name, but apparently that's all they got.

Everything else is still the same and still made in Allentown Pa, just now called Jack's Professional.

DD

I now have roots growing through the bottom of my 3gal. pots, i cant retransplant again, so what can i do?

do you leave your pots sitting in trays with moisture in them? I'm just curious if they are traveling out the bottoms looking for water that they may be sitting in sometimes?

For future reference I use 5 gallon pots, or bags (trashcans this time) but about the first 3-5 inches I put a layer of lava rocks, for landscapeing, I never see roots sticking out of the bottoms.

My guess is they will be fine, the roots will not grow out much more, and the tips will dry up...You'll be alright, as long as the plants don't get huge I know alot of people that flower in 3 gl pots, or bags. If you feel like you need to do something you could cut the bottoms out of the pots that they are currently in and set them on top of a bigger pot of soil. But I'd just flower them out, they've been through enough...lol...but thats just me.

LF- U should be MVP you been helping me out a lot bro thanks

I dont let them sit in runoff or anything at all, i usually dump the trays and clean them off, I think they are just getting so damn big now, Im not sure what I'll do maybe wait it out but they are coming through a few holes wouldnt that be harmful to the plant if they get too long and dry up? I dont even have them in 12/12 yet just 18/6 and they are looking way better now, but getting huge haha...... wich is great:D
The first one in the pics is in a 4gal and even some roots showing the one on the right is in 3gal.
If they're gonna need that much more room to flower, yes these girls have been through it.........maybe I can try cutting the bottoms out and use 5gals. If u think I will have to.

upgrade 002.jpg

upgrade 003.jpg

LF pretty much handled it.

I wouldn't be overly worried about the root coming out. The tip will dry and die and the root will branch inside the pot and go searching in another direction.

I'd be thinking about taking clones and when the plant recovers and starts new growth, putting it into flower. Those things are getting BIG.:holysheep:

Looking good!:hubba:

DD

well if they are healthy now, then maybe one more transplant into some 5 gl containers, wait a week to make sure they aren't stressed from the trans, and start flowering. I used small 5 gl (21 qt) trashcans from meijers, they were only 2.99 ea. I know it's a pain, but your learning for next time. I usualy start seeds in peat pots, those get put right into a 6" pot where they stay until about 2 weeks before switching to 12/12 when they go into 5 gl pot's or grow bags...that keeps the x-plants to a minimum.

DroopyDog- Thanks man they def. look better and smell great,:)
I have already taken clones from your previous advise, Im not sure when to switch to 12/12, they have been in 18/6 for 4 days now. So you think they can go through flower with no prob in what they are in then?

LegalizeFreedom- I have used the peat pots in the past, I usually only liked to transplant twice if I had to, but its been a while, and you know the transplant issues I had on these, Im learning again. Same question, Do you think they can flower with no prob in what they are in or doing what you said before cutting the bottom of them sound better at this point?

Also should I be keeping my temps lower than 80-85 during flower with lights on? Like 70s?

Latest posts

Back