pistils before 12/12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks PencilHead!

LegalizeFreedom -good idea im going to check that out today while im out, maybe pick one up i need a better therm/hydrometer anyway. also getting new medium for final transplant......
Im sure i will be leaving a fan or two on also.

Alright so made my final transplant into MG seed starter 4 days ago,and it seemed as if one girl was root locked, but it went well and both girls are thriving now.

I just cant get rid of this issue with the leafs yellowing, looking almost neon green from the edges in, i dont know if a shot of nutes will help and still just havent diagnosed the problem. I really need help they look great otherwise but i need to fix this, help!!!!:eek:

here they are, just dont want this issue going into flower

420 003.jpg

420 004.jpg

420 006.jpg

420 005.jpg

420 007.jpg

feed them a good veg nute, pH adjusted of course, and let them be for a week or 2 (if it goes into 2 weeks feed them again) they should come around they have just been through hell...just let them absorb some ferts and relax, for that matter...you should fire up a bong and do the same...lol...your stressing too much. They don't look THAT bad! Give em a week or 2 to adjust and you'll be flowering in no time.

I actually think they look pretty good...lf is right feed them and then watch to see how they react...they perk up quick when they get the food they need...I don't see any major problems..they look pretty healthy...

haha alright your both right, im gonna sit and relax and fire up, yes im stressing, i guess they dont look too bad for being through hell. i think my next water this week I'll give it a dose of nutes. like I said before i have organic neptunes harvest fish fertilizer 2-4-1, that should perk em up i hope:D

When i flower im gonna need to find an organic 20-20-20 nute solution right, or something with less N? or a bloom, any resources to find them?

I don't foliar in flower, once buds start getting dense, it's too easy to get mold.

I would give them something higher in (N) than that fish emulsion 2.4.1. I like the N first number to be higher in veg than the P & K. When you start flowering you will want a higher second number (P). There are several good lines out there they can be as easy as a grow, and bloom nutes in 2 seperate bottles. Have you read Jmans Nute study stickied at the top of this section. It is a great study on nutes. I've even seen people do decent with just peters or Miracle grow soluble ferts, that didn't have access to nutes formulated for mj. Even these 2 companies have a "grow" and a "bloom" nute, not that I would suggest these, but it would be better than nothing.

Thanks LF, jmans good sticky!!! Good info for future reference. Still need to figure this out for myself currently, i just have little experience on getting good nutes and a system that works.

How about foliar in veg?

Quick question Stinky - is it Miracle Grow Seed starting mix as in the link below?
scotts.com/smg/catalog/productTemplate.jsp?proId=prod70340&itemId=cat50154&tabs=general[/url]

This could take me a minute but I think I've got it figured out. One last question, and I may have missed some info. Tell me about the pH. Have you tested your water ph? and run-off?

no prob your a huge help. yes i've tested ph of soil wich is neutral, and i only give proper ph'd water 6-7, and runoff after this tranplant was ok but time will tell. before all this ph was not under control always seemed to fluctuate maybe, although i worked to get it right.

I do have a ph up down solution and test made by API Aquarium pharmaceutical not sure how accurate though.

Lets discuss your soil choice breifly. Many growers, including some on this thread have good luck with this soil hence the reason you chose it. I'm sure also the choice was about availability. None the less, we go with what we can. Lets look at what's in MG seed starting mix. Whats this stuff all about you decided to grow your plants in?

It does have Nutrients - none that have lasting qualities but enough to have an effect. The manufacturer claims the ratios are .05 - .01 - .05. How they apply these nutes is important. The most significant addition here is the P. Miracle grow uses chemically derived Ammonium Phosphate as the primary means to get this to the plant. When in water Ammonium Phosphate seperates - Ammonium and Phosphate. This phosphate is imedeatly available and important to root growth. The smaller amounts of Nitrogen and Potash are also important. For our discussions purposes we can put the potash on the back burner. The nitrogen is supplied through Ammoniacal nitrogen, nitrates and urea.

Neptunes Harvest 2-4-1 is a fantastic fertilizer. Lately, some controversery over their methods have surfaced but the line is effective. When fish is broken down into plant soluble food, it takes on very desirable, chelated characteristics. Interestly, it specifically breaks down into various forms of Ammonium, nitrates and more importantly the Phosphorus becomes available Ammonium Phosphate. See where I'm going?

Large amounts of Phosphorus can lead to absorption issues. Specifically Zinc, Iron, Mg and Ca. If your plants are lacking in any thing it appears like Iron. Some lower leaves in your pics resemble Mg. This is how things get confusing. Those are different ends of our acceptable pH range. Almost never, in my experiences, do we suffer from one specific defeciency. They work together typically, and are defecient together. It takes serious anilyzation to figure out how and why the plant is reacting to what your giving it.

Your issue is not serious and probably only needs more appropriate feedings. I would suggest lowering pH a little. Keep it around 6.0 to 6.5 (at the highest) if possible. I would find a nutrient that seperates the grow and bloom aspect of things - I think someone mentioned that earlier. Make the trip to the Hydro place - it's worth it. With Miracle Grow soil you've already made the choice to use chemicals for this grow - which is by no means a bad desicion. I would stick with that and find a broad based solution. Even after one proper, vegitative feeding those plants should take on the look your after. When you switch your light cycle - switch to a bloom solution. I would also flush here and there through-out this cycle to keep salt build up to a minimum.

I'm not saying my theory is correct. You could easily be suffering a little stress from the transplants maybe? I'm leaning to the P issue however. Your Nutrients are effective just not for this stage of the plants growth. Remember also, when you transplant into MG seed Starter use water only as your initial soak. Theres some food in that substrate. The nutrients you give your plant and the medium you grow are of incredible importance. Many things will work but research is required to make it all come together. Hope this helps solve some of your worries. Those plants look perfectly fine in the large scheme of things. Your on the right track. Let me know if I can provide any more info..............thanks

Jman

Jman...your the man! I know I could hang out with you for days, and listen to you talk...lol...you ever think of teaching? You have a way of explaining things, that make it easy for dummies like me to understand. You should write the MJ growing for dummies book...lol

Thanks LF - I aim to please my freind.

Sincerely, thank you, but truthfully I'm just sharing knowledge. You guy's give it back to me every day...............

legalize_freedom said:
Jman...your the man! I know I could hang out with you for days, and listen to you talk...lol...you ever think of teaching? You have a way of explaining things, that make it easy for dummies like me to understand. You should write the MJ growing for dummies book...lol

I could not agree more you are the man! Haha everything you said made absolute sense, I believe your theory is pretty on. I also thought it was mg issue in the beginning altogether too from what i read up on. Would the large amounts of phosphorus be from the first Miracle Grow soil so early or the neptunes harvest, i only used that once and that was 2 weeks ago, the soil i tested before this transplant had very high amounts and roots seemed locked up............
Im just trying to learn more and read up on what i can it seems there are a lot of diff opinions I find I need to find what works for me and your helping make that possible Im going by the book of jman:D

Im going to keep the ph a little lower. My last question for now is my next feeding is tomorrow its been a week since the transplant that was just water, should I in your personal opinion feed nutes and if so use the neptunes harvest until i get to the hydro shop if i can and find something or try the jacks classic since i have chems already with the soil i have heard a few good reviews but wanted to go organic? Thanks for the support and confidence bro thats why im on here.

LF- I also appreciate your support throughout this whole mess haha but its been good im learning what I love

Are you going to clone?

If so, I would say, go with the Jack's Classic on these (Blossom Booster for flower), and do you experiments/learning with the organics on the clones.

Or, with the clones, do 1/2 with Jack's and 1/2 organic for both a side by side and not put all your girls in one basket.:hubba:

DD

I don't think I'd repeat another application of NH. Your defeciencies could get worse. As your current schedule has led you here, we can predict where the road is headed.

I'm between a rock and a hard place with this one. I don't want to recommend the Jacks Classic because I know very little about it. I've worked a little with Peters, which I think is similar - and only with giant pumpkins. I'd hate to recommend it and then things go sour on you.

Jacks has no Calcium or Magnesium, both sometimes prevalent in the water supply. If you have hard water this could be good choice. But only for a few feedings. Then Bloom associated nutrients should take over, after 12/12. If you have soft water those items will eventually be needed. - Even the manufacturer recommends adding epsom salts to the solution before application - a clear signal it's weak in Mg. Remember, it is strong stuff so only minor amounts are needed. Keep in mind also there are still some nutrients in your soil. Check out there site for some tips.

http://www.jacksclassic.com/growing_w_jack.html

I'll stick with my advise of heading to the Hydro store and getting some quality nutes.

Latest posts

Back