Plants Dieing !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrandDaddyToke

SEE U ON THE DARK SIDE
Reaction score
PLANTS DIEING :eek:
I have 2 Sun System 400 watt Yield Master Reflectors with separate ballast that handle HPS & MH. I also have several 175 & 120 watt Spot grow lights from Home Depot. My grow area is well ventilated.
I used the paper towel method to start my seeds. It worked well I put the sprouts in peat pots with good soil. They came up in less than a week nice sturdy looking starts. I put them under one 400 watt MH 5 feet from the plant. In 18 hours they begin to weaken @ the stem and died a day later. I also tried the same with 3 of the 120 spots and slowly they died off. Can someone please tell me the best way to start my plants under the type of the lights I have? I want to be able to get them under the MH as soon as possible without killing them. Would one spot in a closet be a start until they got big enough to go under the MH?
I have all the tools but not enough knowledge. I hate to keep murdering these babies like I have been doing!!!

hey man.. i'm pretty new to this and dont have as much knowledge as some of the others but i saw no one hit you back yet.. i was thinkin maybe your hitting them with too much light. i'm not 100% but i'm pretty sure being that they are so young , they are really sensitive to light. i watched a grow movie and they started with plants that were bought at about a foot high and they used minimal artifical light for the first week or so to get the plants used to their pots and ect. well, we'll see what every1 else has to say. sry if i was no help... lata

THANKS FOR THE INFO !! I THINK I WAS RUSHING THE PROCESS.

you should put this in the sick plant section not the news section you would get more help

hmm, t'omas...sounds like possibly 'damp off' problems(forget the techy term)..:(
It's usually caused by too much watering. The stem rots and dies 'right at soil level'.
I've used 1k mh on seedlings, it isn't "too much light", not a 400 @ that distance.
A couple of 4' tube flo's are a cheap investment for seedlings, and provide adequate light for a few weeks. Keep 'em close, within 2".

Latest posts

Back