Plants get to tall!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new2it!

Reaction score
On my last grow, my plants reached 6+ feet, and were not very bushy. What is the best way to keep them shorter, and plumper?

new2it! said:
On my last grow, my plants reached 6+ feet, and were not very bushy. What is the best way to keep them shorter, and plumper?
1. More lumens sq/ft HID lights 600-1000 watt bulbs I prefer the 1000 but some prefer the 600s
2. only veg for 2-3 weeks
3. Keep your light as close as possible without burning the plants
4. Use nutrients for that like General hydroponics Floralicious plus, or advaned nutrients bud blood, it gives it a lot more bud sites so if it does strech too much at least you will have a lot of bud sites instead of just one bud on the top of a 3 foot branch
5. Temperature: ideal temps are 68 at night and no more then 74 in the day if you have too much variation in the temps, the plants will strech( i learned that first hand).
good luck with your grow :aok:

Ya need a minimum of 5000 lumens PSF of grow area when Flowering.;)

CowboyBudsky said:
Ya need a minimum of 5000 lumens PSF of grow area when Flowering.;)

:yeahthat: i running 10555.555554 Lumens per sq ft.

Well i'm running that if i got my equations right lol.
Room is 4.5ft wide by 4ft so deep so thats a floor area of 18sq ft right?
Then two 600w hps they are 95000 Lumens each, i think, so if i got it right thats 190000/18 sq ft which is 10555.55554 L per sq ft

Cool,,yur Buds should be growing buds.

They are lol, you seen the post ant you? Freaky growth on the tips of the colas lol ;)

If you want to keep a plant short and bushy there are a few technics you can use. LST, Pinching, pruning, topping ect...take care..

one word......SCROG
learn it, use it, love it.

What everyone else says above about light is true, but there are just some strains that grow very tall and stretch to an average height of 6 feet or more.

Sir_Tokie said:
If you want to keep a plant short and bushy there are a few technics you can use. LST, Pinching, pruning, topping ect...take care..

More info please!

And a big thanks to all!!!!

Sir_Tokie said:

More info please!

And a big thanks to all!!!!

Latest posts

Back