Plants gone wild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

CatFish

Ok so as i said in the Introduce Yourself section. I had to delet acct and start over and lost the grow Journal. So i will just post here and ask my ?.

I have 2 white castle and 3 aurora indica in 5 gal pals 3 ft by 6 ft room 2 600 watt hps in 12/12 flower for 20 days now. no nuits. just MG . Now as you can see in the pic,s there getting out of crontrol . should i trim the bottom or any of the plant,s or just let em go. thanks.

getting a bit late to be trimming. I try to trim up the bottom before I place in flower. But I have trimmed at 14 days of 12/12 with no problems, may just back up the finishing date by a few days.

I try not to trim in flower but sometimes it is needed. I don't trim after 3 weeks unless it's an emergency. I would clean them up down low and like pc said, it could push your finishing time back a couple days. jmo

OK well i am at 20 days now so ill leave them hope for the best. ill just tuck in what i can. thanks pcduck and hamster

your plants look good if I had them I would leave as is and switch to a 12/12

It looks like you have enough space between them for the light to reach down the outsides of each plant so you should be good just like they are. You will probably get a lot of popcorn bud down lower and inside the canopy, but that smokes too. :)

Perpetual grow 003.JPG

Perpetual grow 018.JPGLook, take off all the low stuff next to the dirt. This will help with circulation. Trim it up so that it has good air flow. Yes, trimming may stunt the growth for 24hours but that is about it. Remember when u nip a node it sends extra power to the next 2 nodes. I have a Northern Lights that got real bushy, took 50 leaves off her and u cant even tell

This thing is a monster. I had to take leaves off just tp water it. My buddy who owns a dispensary gave it to me, this is overflow. Now my Afgoos are the bushiest plant I have ever grown. I have defoliated her twice. Once 2 weeks into flower and again a recently, this afgoo is currently at week 6.
Do these look foliage challenge. Look, dont believe all the things u hear on this site. U have to evaluate and pick out the right answer. Good luck. If u dont have good air flow through the plants u can develop PM, especially if u got foliage within 8" of the dirt. I like to see light hit my dirt!!!

Cutting branches when into flowering will cause more than 24 hours to recover. They are looking good and I personally would just leave them as they are. Next grow, you might want to trim some of the branches near the bottom of the pot. However, now those buds look to be developing nicely and I see no reason to cut them off.

kmanndahouse03 said:
View attachment 200461

View attachment 200462Look, take off all the low stuff next to the dirt. This will help with circulation. Trim it up so that it has good air flow. Yes, trimming may stunt the growth for 24hours but that is about it. Remember when u nip a node it sends extra power to the next 2 nodes. I have a Northern Lights that got real bushy, took 50 leaves off her and u cant even tell

This thing is a monster. I had to take leaves off just tp water it. My buddy who owns a dispensary gave it to me, this is overflow. Now my Afgoos are the bushiest plant I have ever grown. I have defoliated her twice. Once 2 weeks into flower and again a recently, this afgoo is currently at week 6.
Do these look foliage challenge. Look, dont believe all the things u hear on this site. U have to evaluate and pick out the right answer. Good luck. If u dont have good air flow through the plants u can develop PM, especially if u got foliage within 8" of the dirt. I like to see light hit my dirt!!!

I just have to post so that if new people are reading this they know the truth. Don't remove fan leaves. A defoliated plant is a very sad thing. You should never have to remove leaves to water a plant.

Yes, what the above poster stated about trimming the bottom of the plant up is correct. Air flow is a great thing.

Dont worry THG and rose i was not going to listen to Kmann. he just a troll as far as i see. no cutting am just letting them go:D

I am constantly amazed by these kids who come onto this forum looking for and expecting accolades from everyone over their successful grow, then if they don't get their "that-a-boy" fix, they want to get all pissy and start talking smack about some very nice, kind, and intelligent people here on this forum. Its as if they got addicted to the self esteem building praises given them by their parents and teachers. Or they got none and are desperately seeking validation.

I am not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, and I like to show off my buds so that folks can ooh-n-ahh just as much as anyone, but I don't need validation for my successes. The joy of success from growing quality MJ is almost intrinsic. If nobody commented on my stuff, I would not be heart broken. If everyone posted on my opinion and completely disagreed with me on a subject, I wouldn't get my shorts in a bind. We all have our opinions and experiences with growing MJ, and that is what this forum is about, sharing our opinions and experiences on MJ. When these kids get on here and ask for opinions from experienced adults, then they should try to be adult enough to take constructive criticism and not devolve into spoiled children.

Catfish, glad you are not listening to old Tiny Hands....he indeed is a troll.

Hamster Lewis said:
Catfish, glad you are not listening to old Tiny Hands....he indeed is a troll.
....Old Tiny Hands....Lol...:yeahthat:

hahaha thats funny! sorry i missed your post catfish but yea seams like the famliy all ready took care of your needs so with that. you have a nice grow their
if the tops get to close to the light. you can always bend them so they grow side ways that way you will not burn your tops.

just a up date 5 weeks to go here what they look like ok to me.

Thank you HP looking better than my 1st gro. still got a lot to learn

catfish...they look awesome~! if you can add side lighting that will help yeild better with the more popcorn buds that these girls have... I think they look fine!! ig you have the space and the lighting and time why not grow trees?? lol

green mojo and keep up the good work.

:D

Latest posts

Back