Plants stunted/not growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some strains just show purple.

Sometimes it's because the temp is too cold (if you are above 65-70, it's probably not temp).

Those leaves are just baby food. Don't worry about them and watch the new growth.

I know in the pics the leafs look brownish but I assure you the tips of the yellow ones are turning a very obvious deep purple in person...and my temps are always regulated between 72 and maybe gets up to 80/82 if it's rly hot outside

And no the soil is an all organic mix that I got from a local shop just for temp use until I can go purchase more ffof...and to be honest it's rly not the coloring of the leafs that was making me worried it was just the fact that how you see them in those pics (taken today) is pretty much how they looked a week ago...they might have grown a tad but by a tad I mean barely at all...they do look healthy for the most part so maybe they are just rly slow starters or they are just rly busy building a good root system...both best case scenarios lol...but if you guys have any other ideas or thoughts please share

Mine were really slow the first month. The second month, they went crazy. My clones are doing the same thing. In 1 month they got established and grew to about 4". In the next week or 2, they doubled that and more.

I was definitely worried about mine at first. I was still not sure it wasn't my fault until you posted about yours being slow. Still not 100% sure. Maybe we both did the same wrong thing. LOL

Anyway, be patient and keep singing to them.

Try reading them "Jack and The Beanstalk". Mine really liked that story and I'm sure it gave them the confidence to grow big. ;)

Lol I'll have to read that for their bedtime story tomm haha... but yea same thing here...I was begining to freak out a bit until you posted the pics of yours 2 1/2 weeks in...still am a little worried but hopefully I'll see some new explosive growth in the next week or 2...it just seems like with any other strain ive ever grown that by now I'm usually seeing a fourth set of leafs or having it fill out the starter cups more from side to side...eh but who knows

Is there any reason you guys can think of that would be making them yellow so early? Should I flush out on the next watering to be safe? Or could them building a good root system account for this much stunted growth and yellowing this early on?

Only reason I ask again is because looking at the calendar, tomorrow will be three weeks exactly since I planted the beans...it took them about 3 or 4 days to pop so this upcoming Monday/Tuesday will be three weeks since they all popped...now maybe I am being over-paranoid but don't you guys agree they look seriously small for that far along? Maybe they need a small flush just incase...I need to water them today so that's why I ask

Ok quick update....I am almost positive I figured out what is going on here...I am pretty certain I have a fungus gnat infestation...and that can deff cause this much stunted growth...only problem is I just watered them today so now Im gonna have to wait until the soil drys for atleast s few days until I can do anything about the larva in the soil...so from my research i will hamg sticky traps for now to kill the adults but once the soil is dry I should cover the top of all my soil with sand correct? This should suffocate the larva? I have also had past experience with diatomacious earth...should I mix the food grade kind in with the sand or should the sand alone do the trick. I don't know where I picked these guys up from...only thing I can think of is that this temporary soil I'm using maybe came with larva in it...is that poss? Any other thoughts or ideas on how to deal with these?

Also I read that they can seriously stunt plant growth and/or damage them but will.not kill the plants...is that true for plants this young.?

Oh yes I found a bunch of dead ones on the floor of my veg room...I have seen one or two live ones but I didn't realize what they were until I went to investigate further and found tons of dead ones

So upon doing some research this is my plan...well first of all when this soil drys out thoroughly I am going to put a later of sand mixed with a little DE on the tops of all the pots to kill/suffocate the larva...then I am going to hang the ribbon fly paper everywhere to kill the adults...then I am actually thinking about just relocating the plants outside the room completely in my shed or garage for a day or so and completely scrub the whole room down with bleach water...is there anything else anyone can suggest? I just watered yesterday so I don't think I can do the sand thing yet can I? Is there anything else I can do immediately besides hanging the fly paper? Also if I let them dry completely out and do sand/DE on the tops how long do I have I wait before watering again?

Latest posts

Back