Plants taking a turn for the worst?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodzoo

Reaction score
Hello
I am working on my first grow in soil. I have had a few problems but you site has had answers to them. I am down to the budding stage. I have probably 6 weeks left, all was looking good till last week I started using. Botanicare pure blend pro bloom 1-4-5 25 ml per gal . I am trying to get my buds to thicken up. I also am using 1/4 tsp of cal-mag plus,1/4 tsp of ferti-lome fish fertilizer, 1/4tsp of supper thrive and grandmas Molasses.
the first of last week I put this concoction together in one gal of water. 3 days went but on my third day I water with one gal of ph balanced water with supper thrive and molasses per plant. o yea plant buckets are 10"X12 " deep. today I opend the tent temps stay 75 to 80 temp. and the smell was one og old dried weed. leaves on some of the plants looked like the pick.
I pulled the affected plants witch where Indica plants. and rand a fluch of 3 gallons of PH 5.8 to 6.0 through each plant then I ran one gallon of ph water with 1 tbsp epson salt through each one of them. The smell has changed but it has only been 2 hours. Here is a pick. Does anyone have any ideas.

prob1.jpg

prob2.jpg

You are in soil right? So what is the ph of the water and feed you give your plants? Ph for soil is 6.3-6.8....I try and stay at 6.5-6.8 in flower.

Yeah, looks like nute lockout due to ph problem.. It looks kinda like an mg decency... Wht u think hamster???

BluntFullOfKush said:
Yeah, looks like nute lockout due to ph problem.. It looks kinda like an mg decency... Wht u think hamster???

I think if he has been ph'ing everything to 5.8-6.0 in soil he is most likely locked out of more then a Cpl things.

Ive never been any good at guessing defiencies but i put a table spoon of Cal Mag in 3.5 gallons in flower.

I may be wrong on this but that looks like heat stress or overdrying. What kind of lighting do you use? What is the humidity like in your tent? do you have any fans or ventilation going to exaust the air from the tent?

U may be on to something there hushpuppy.. But I think he said the temps were between 75-80*.... It looks kinda alike... Could have a sensitive strain... I never had r have them problems wit them temps even wit hypersensitive haze strains I deal with... By the way wht strain r u growing???? Did u add any new bytes that u haven't b4?? And if so whn did u notice a change in ur plants

Hello
I have been out for a while. I am so glad I have had some replies!
Its been 8 hours since I flushed them with Epson salt and they are back to smelling good and all the leaves are back standing up to the light I think it was lockout problem. I don't know what caused it?
I use a 600 air cooled HPS. I have 3 10" fans in the tent with auto attic switch on them. I will try the pH change I might be keeping it to low!
I am not letting my pH be more that 6.2 should it be higher than that for soil. when I first started my soil kept getting real high so I started not letting my PH go any higher than 6.2 to keep my soil pH in check.

These are pics of the tent I have 6 plants 3 indica and 3 sativa the indica was the affected plants I didnt see much out of the sativa going bad but I did flush them also.The pic of the sativa in the corner. That is one plant. I still haven't been able to get the buds real thick do you think it was becouse I was keeping the pH to low?

sativa and indaca.jpg

sativa.jpg

Hushpuppy said:
I may be wrong on this but that looks like heat stress or overdrying. What kind of lighting do you use? What is the humidity like in your tent? do you have any fans or ventilation going to exaust the air from the tent?

My temps are staying good I have a temp and humidity recorder and it records good readings. I have a 6 inch vortex with a filter and a 4 inch vortex with filter inputting air to the tent.

It sounds like everything is good. PH can be a real be-atch to keep straight, and is often the problem that most growers suffer from. Hammy is right on the PH, for hydro it should stay between 5.3 and 6.0, and for soil 6.3 to 7.0. These numbers will absolutely vary for different plant strains. That is probably why the indicas were suffering and the sativas were not. Everybody looks real good. IME the sativas tend to be more "spindly" and the indicas more "chunky"

im also on the pureblend pro program and i always need to add some ph up. I allow ph between 6.1-6.8. i grow in coco and with that you need more Cal/mag Im at 10ml/gal. also if your filtering your water (which i am) you need more cal/mag

trichnut said:
im also on the pureblend pro program and i always need to add some ph up. I allow ph between 6.1-6.8. i grow in coco and with that you need more Cal/mag Im at 10ml/gal. also if your filtering your water (which i am) you need more cal/mag

Thanks for the info. the label on the nutrients real does not mean anything. This is only my first grow but I have never be able to get to anywhere close to what they say you can use with out having problems. When I started I tried to use 1/4 of the recommended amount and killed 2 out of the 6 plants.
I have read on a lot of list sites for 3 months before I started and still had some major problems. I am on my second hydro start the first 6 of thoses plants died also.

rodzoo said:
Hello
I have been out for a while. I am so glad I have had some replies!
Its been 8 hours since I flushed them with Epson salt and they are back to smelling good and all the leaves are back standing up to the light I think it was lockout problem. I don't know what caused it?
I use a 600 air cooled HPS. I have 3 10" fans in the tent with auto attic switch on them. I will try the pH change I might be keeping it to low!
I am not letting my pH be more that 6.2 should it be higher than that for soil. when I first started my soil kept getting real high so I started not letting my PH go any higher than 6.2 to keep my soil pH in check.

I don't understand your ventilation. Plants need a continual supply of fresh air all the time the lights are on for proper photosynthesis. Do you have an exhaust fan that continually exchanges the air in your space? If not, you need one.

Latest posts

Back