Plants With Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChatNoir

Reaction score
These two are showing severe problems, progress is slow and both plants are revegging plants currently one week into reveg. They are being fed with Vilmorin Feed for Green Plants 7-4-5.

hxxp://img385.imageshack.us/img385/8179/crw3265rjnr9.jpg

hxxp://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2110/crw3267rjev6.jpg

It would help if you could get bigger pictures to us :rolleyes:

Your outside linking pics in, this is not safe.

Hello ChatNoir :)

I suggest you check your PH, you have typical signs of a lock out.

Decribe your whole set up and it will give us more clues :aok:

HippyInEngland said:
It would help if you could get bigger pictures to us :rolleyes:

Your outside linking pics in, this is not safe.

Hello ChatNoir :)

I suggest you check your PH, you have typical signs of a lock out.

Decribe your whole set up and it will give us more clues :aok:

Big photos help to estimate problems though I've changed them to hxxt, they will not rape the eyes of people anymore.

I am using a 400W MH lamp and Vilromin Feed 7-4-5 with Micro (I believe there is a problem with Cal/Mag since the feed solution do not contain these trace minerals). I am using mix watering, one from top and then let pot soak in feed soup. Feed strenght is 1:1 both on seedlings and mature plants, only the mature ones are showing signs. Incoming pH is 8.6 and outgoing is 6.5, I will check these values again at 6pm when lights go on again. Ah this one plant has a special soil composition 50% moss and 50% gel soil. It was fine till last week.

Thanks for the help.

overfert or ph nute lockout. How long are they soaking in your soup?

Potentially depriving root ball of oxygen also.

50% gel soil?

I use bottled water, with pH of 8.6 yet run down water comes with pH of 6.5. Gel soil is a new type of soil used mostly in houseplants, I have conducted some experiments on it and how to use it in cannabis cultivation. It conditions the soil yet when it is used alone it has no useful properties.

I am not soaking them in nutrient soup for days just an hour and I drain the pots. It is most like soak and drain systems.

If your PH is fluxuating that much between what you water with and what your runoff is, then thats def a huge problem. Looks like your plants are suffering from a nute lockout. If water just passing through your soil drops 2 whole PH points, then your soil is inherantly acidic as hell and when water sits in ait a few days the PH is just gonna plunge. I had a similar problem, and I think the culprit is the peat moss, which can get extrememly acidic when breaking down. Repotting with some dolomite lime in your mix should help, or flushing your soil with with 1 tbs. dolomite lime per gallon should help thing out.

ChatNoir said:
(I believe there is a problem with Cal/Mag since the feed solution do not contain these trace minerals).

IMO it is hard to determine what deficiencies u have until you get that ph under control :hubba: do you try to bring your ph down before you feed? my ph is always at 6.5 - 6.8 and I don't feed until I get it there, 8.6 is pretty damn high

If your PH is high, you can feed your plants till you run out of food. It won't do a thing until the PH is lowered.

Flush. Alot.

Amend with some dolomite or water with PH down at the very least.

Once the PH is where you want it, continue feeding with a weak regiment for a few feedings, then back to normal.

I do not trust that polymer gel media, there can be unforseen issues, plus it may inhibit microbial growth.

Latest posts

Back