Please Diagnose... Pics included (chocolope)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redeye88

Reaction score
Hey people,

my girls are 5 weeks into flowering and today when I checked one of my chocolopes, most of the big fan leaves looked like this... they look burnt, discolored, etc...

- i'm not sure what to make of it; I've used some organic fertilizers recently but followed directions so i dont think its nute burn but cant be sure..

please take a look and help me out by telling me what i can do to resolve this issue....thank you

kean.jpg

kean2.jpg

Hi,

Do you give your plant any cal mag? You could have a mg or some type of deficiency. What kind of organic nute did you give them? Have they had any base bloom nutes or cal mag during flowering? I think it would be a good place to start.

Peace~!:cool:

I agree cal-mag deficiency.. However you are getting to the stage of flower where leaves are going to start yellowing and die off because the plant is using all its resources on the buds..

Some epsom salts or cal-mag would be a good idea right now..

Hey there redeye88,

This is definitely an over-fert problem. The high level of nutrients accumulates in the leaves and causes them to dry out and burn up . You must flush with clear, clean water immediately to allow the roots to recover, and prevent further damage, and find the cause of the high nutrient levels.

This link works well as a guide, you might consider having a look see;

hxxp://www.stonerforums.com/lounge/growfaq/97.html

You might notice how long this has been around, all the info you see there is still the standard to look at.

Good Luck with your babies, they look awesome and very close to harvest.

Sorry guys, but you need to look at the tips of the leaves to see the uplifting or sometimes referred to as praying leaves that arc upwards, they tend to twist also, that is your indicator for a mag or cal def. Check it out.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

ive fed them fox farm organic nutrients... tiger bloom & big bloom..

tiger bloom is not organic. I use these, and have had to add some form of cal-mag to almost every grow when using FF line-up.

What's you pH?

When i grew one strain i had no use for cal-mag, it simply didnt need it.

when i started growing different strains i realized somthing,

Cal-Mag is our friend,

i havent really checked the ph yet.... kind of hard to pick up pots in order to get to the run off water since theyre so heavy...any tips on checking of ph for big containers??

To me this seems like an over fertilization problem. There is definitely still hope to salvage your grow. Keep us updated on this I'm curious to see how it turns out.

Nute burn starts at the tips of leaves, the leaf tips arent burnt in the pics.. Mag deficiency start in between the veins of leaves and works its way out..

I agree with KK; there is definitely some over-nuting going on. I guess it's possible to also have a deficiency at the same time, but as KK said, the tips aren't praying, but rather, eagle-clawed. I would flush them a bit, if it were me.

No matter, the plant looks good, overall.

To test the soil ph mix some soil from the pot with neutral water. Mix it up and wait for the soil to settle then test the water. That should be your soils ph.

Latest posts

Back