PLEASE HELP,I just made clones and they're dieing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa!..I'm in disagreement with much of that info. It may work for you, but it most certainly is not "standard" proceedure, followed by the majority of successfull growers, nor would "I" consider it prudent practice for a beginner.
18/6" has no advantage over 24/0 lighting and may in fact be less beneficial. MJ does not need darkness to promote roots.
"Superthrive" is a growth hormone, not a root promoter. If you "must" mist, and must mist with anything added, root promotion is much better served with a weakened flower nute(higher in P) Phosphates promotes roots as well as flowers.
Many people here have well established roots in a week or even less in some cases. No need for a dome for "at least a week" in these cases.
Personally, I will mist, only if I see signs of dehydration, wilting. And only with pure h20. I run 90-95% success rate on most strains with a very simplr (KISS) method in dirt.

After starting my poll on cloning. I tried the water cloning. I have 10 clones in my window in a cup of water. all have started rooting. Its taking a little longer than using rootone and dirt. I have tried gels too with great success. but I may stick with the water cloning in the future. Too simple.
I think the #1 mistake for 1st timers. is they feel the need to constantly check on them. tug to see if roots started or many other reasons. but a clone should not be touched period until new growth is showing. Mist it once or 2X a day and carry on with the rest of your grow. IMHO.

This method has worked well for me.....always open to new ideas though.
I've only run 24/0 on seedlings, not clones. Superthrive is most definately a growth hormone, not a root promoter, that's what the stim-root is for! The superthrive is for vegetative intake.
Dirt, as far as i'm concerned is the easiest medium to grow in. As Stoney bud mentioned....there was alot of space around the stem allowing light in and plant contact low. Good eye mang!
And Mutt, anyone tugging on clones should be slapped!

Latest posts

Back