Please Help Mold Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILMW

Reaction score
I have a nicely built shed (Amish Style) 24X10, inside that shed I built a room that is 10 feet wide by 8 feet deep. Inside the room I have a 1000 watt hydrofarm light running with two fans for cooling. I insulated the walls with standard insulation and sheetrocked the walls as well. I originally had the ceiling insulated and sheet rocked but removed since observing the mold problem in December. Inside the room is a vent that would be your standard cut in vent when the shed was made and I had this blocked to keep the light from blasting out of the shed at night. I cut out a small block in the opposite wall which would lead out the inside of the shed to create some air flow back and forth. My first grow from april to june went fine, from sept to november I noticed a difference. As the tempature in the room stayed about 70 degrees outside it got colder outside and colder inside the shed as well but the room stayed about the same tempature. By early November I noticed the mold was bad and had was growing on the ceiling in between the 2x4, but no mold in the room where the grow was. I placed a dehumidifier in the shed and that did not help, I removed the insulation and sheet rock from the grow room to possibly circulate more air and that did not help. I removed the garden and the light and sprayed bleach on the mold and since the problem has cured. Could this have occured due to the cold air outside and the cold air inside meeting the warm air in the grow room. How could I avoid this so that I wont only be restricted to growing during the spring months when cool. I really wanted to be able to grow all season long in my shed. I also usually have about 15-20 plants in the room with also a 32 gallon rubber trash can filled with water for watering purposes. I use dirt but plan on maybe going hydro if I can straigten this problem out.

it's your ventilation number one thing in grow box

What would be the best way to solve the problem or what kind of ventalation could I use, also consider I have that small 1 foot by 4 inch vent that was built in the wall of the shed near the roof.

ok you need a lot of fresh air comin in and some serius fan blowing it ot of your space man to its seem like you got air lek so weet air stays in the growing space makit it to mold you got any pic of you set-up

i would install fan drawing fresh air in from outside and another fan to push the air from in sidde the room outside... its a recipe for fresh air contiuously is what u need to correct the problem... i grow in my shed inside a self built room as well with 2x400 watts ,,with a much smaller room mine is only 8x8 and i have 8-10 plants in at all times

i dot much smaller grow box but is the same physics i got little pipe 6 inch long with computer fan in it (i flip it wrong way so it is blowing air in)
and on the top i got 2 more fans that blow air out and never got mold problem

Latest posts

Back