!!!Please Help!!! Newb at Work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teakman101

Reaction score
I inherited this plant and i dont know what is wrong with it.
All of the leaves are drooping and they are a light green color.
The botttom leaves are yellow and some have fallen off.
The leaves are solid in color put fade lighter is some areas.
The soil is wet and i am affraid to overwater it.
It was transplanted to a larger pot about a week ago so i dont know if its just shock.
I really dont know what i am doing. Please help.
I couldnt upload any pics....sorry

Teakman101 said:
I inherited this plant and i dont know what is wrong with it.
All of the leaves are drooping and they are a light green color.
The botttom leaves are yellow and some have fallen off.
The leaves are solid in color put fade lighter is some areas.
It was transplanted to a larger pot about a week ago so i dont know if its just shock.
I really dont know what i am doing. Please help.
I couldnt upload any pics....sorry

First of all, a picture would really help. The section below titled "Manage Attachments" should walk you through uploading pictures.

We need to know things like: type of medium, size of container, type of nutrients if any, pH, lighting, etc, etc...

What she said! Welcome teak. I am pretty sure we can come up with some good ideas to help. I had a devil of a time at first trying to post pics here. The manage attachments thing takes some getting used to, but worth it.

Teakman101 said:

If your soil is wet, your already over watering it.

(in the bit where you type a reply, click the words 'go advanced' then click the paperclip to add pictures)

;)

:peace:

hopefully the pic works. after i received the plant i transplanted it into a pot as tall as a five gallon bucket but wider at the top. i used an organic potting soil mix with roughly 25% perlite and 5-10% spagnum peat moss. i watered it with a solution of Botanicare brand pro grow formula at 7ml per gallon. the light is a 250watt hps bulb. the environment also changed a lot because it was in a closet but it was moved into a basement where it is colder and more open. i am working on an enclosure for it. how much should i be watering it per event and what is a good light height above the plant top. this is the first time i have really grown anything and really have no clue what i am doing. as far as i know im killing it.

plant.JPG

Do you see how the stems have turned purple? That is a sign of nitrogen deficiency. This will cause nute lockdown thats why the leaves are starting to yellow and falling off & the green leaves drooping. The plant is starving for nutes. You need to solve the nitrogen problem so the plant can start taking on nutes again. Later Man

maybe its starving for nutes cause its water logged, so it cant access them...
happened to me.... never again am i using peat moss....
holds too much water....
then again i didnt mix it in too well...
looks nute deficient cause its over watered....
in my opinion...

copy and paste after the www(cant post links yet...ha!)

.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/GrowFAQ%20Basic%20Topics.htm

Latest posts

Back