please help w/ indoor growing question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjmaryj

Reaction score
So I was just wondering, how many of you guys have grown discreetly while living at home with parents that would not like that.

I have not started my first grow yet, so im not sure how bad the odor really gets, and if it would be detectable to other people living there, but you guys are genius at this stuff and im sure people have come up with ways to do it.

So how did you accomplish this task?

also, if you can do it, there is a plus side in not having to pay the electric bill....or maybe thats a bad side, cause your parents could get suspicious.

You have to let them know.

There's no other way.

Maybe try to convince them that it's worth the risk.

Don't expect it to work.

well if your in your parents home i would say if your gonna grow everyone in the house needs to know. if the local leo's bust the grow your all going to jail so its not fair to them if you grow and they get busted.

now i have a question, how old are you?

I wouldn't recommend growing in your parents house. I can smell my plants just walking in the door. The other down side is depending on where you live, your parents could lose their house because of you growing!! Just my 2 cents. My parents had a small acre of woods next to there house and we would plant on the other side.

slowmo im 19 years old, and will be coming home from college for the summer, and figured 3-4 months might be a good time to get a good amount of buds.

But the replies I have just read have made me decide that it is a bad idea. haha

dude unless u have cool parents prolly a bad ideal.. jmo

tj'... outdoors away from the house, might be an option. BUT.. they usually won't mature, before school starts in the fall.
Mmmmmmaybe some autos..:confused2:..

you will not have odor problems if you buy a good carbon filter ,
a good one and a strong exaust pulling it out but remember to have a hooked box so the air dont go out quickly but will take time to go out and will have 9% of smell maybe from a 99% odor , always go to the Asian world ;) they use nice smokes which makes the room smell nice all day , its a kind of wood you burn and produces a nice smoke for about 2 hours and a half , get a bunch and work yourself out for the last 11 days of excessive odor
i'd do that for my sake of stealth

tjmaryj said:
So I was just wondering, how many of you guys have grown discreetly while living at home with parents that would not like that.

I have not started my first grow yet, so im not sure how bad the odor really gets, and if it would be detectable to other people living there, but you guys are genius at this stuff and im sure people have come up with ways to do it.

So how did you accomplish this task?

also, if you can do it, there is a plus side in not having to pay the electric bill....or maybe thats a bad side, cause your parents could get suspicious.

O dear Lord...this is such a bad idea on SO many levels...
You WILL get caught. You cannot live in a house with other people and NOT be caught.
Yes, the electric bill will show an unexplained increase, but that's the least of your worries. At the deep end, YOU wont be the only one who goes to jail, SO WILL YOUR PARENTS. YOU are a MINOR and they are responsible for your behavior including a felony such as growing an illegal product.
What does your father do for a living? and your mother? Would their careers be affected by a marijuana bust happening in their home? YES, trust me, it would. Not to mention their embarrassment, not to mention the distinct possibility that the Department of Child and Family Services might REMOVE you from their home and dump your little *** in a Foster home.

And even if you dont get busted by The Man, WHERE could you possibly grow one or more plants where your mom wouldnt find it while cleaning house?
Parents arent nearly as stupid and blind as kids think they are--chances are, your parents have smoked and or seen/smelled dope. They WILL recognise it.

Please dont even try it. You wont be the only one to pay for it.

Lass Chance

think positive mate , if you keep thinking negative you will never start and you will add fear to your heart , i grow where my parents are i lock my room whenever they knock i strip off my clothes and open the door and say sorry im still in the showers il be their in 5 minutes ( when having lunch or dinner )
always be brave its about you and your room lock it down , if you cant lock the room then lock the closet you will be fine its only 58 days until harvest , if things go good , im nnot in very good luck in growing after having every piece of equipment the main problem is soil and PH altering , but lets see it in your situation you dont live in Asia as i do , so you can get the best Potting soil and the best fertilizer for a 100% garanteed satisfaction for your babies home . if i were you i'd start , act normal , and study more , work on your education project assignments and this will make your parents less annoy you in your room and you have plenty of time with your babies , go with it , when will you start 1 day we will die and 1 day we will be in jail , but if you become bad , when its personal , and your heart says that then no worries , but never mention you grow to any1 , if in a party you celeberate people will ask you where you got it tell them in a liquor store a man with an a special eyepeak made my day.

crozar said:
think positive mate , if you keep thinking negative you will never start and you will add fear to your heart , i grow where my parents are i lock my room whenever they knock i strip off my clothes and open the door and say sorry im still in the showers il be their in 5 minutes ( when having lunch or dinner )
always be brave its about you and your room lock it down , if you cant lock the room then lock the closet you will be fine its only 58 days until harvest , if things go good , im nnot in very good luck in growing after having every piece of equipment the main problem is soil and PH altering , but lets see it in your situation you dont live in Asia as i do , so you can get the best Potting soil and the best fertilizer for a 100% garanteed satisfaction for your babies home . if i were you i'd start , act normal , and study more , work on your education project assignments and this will make your parents less annoy you in your room and you have plenty of time with your babies , go with it , when will you start 1 day we will die and 1 day we will be in jail , but if you become bad , when its personal , and your heart says that then no worries , but never mention you grow to any1 , if in a party you celeberate people will ask you where you got it tell them in a liquor store a man with an a special eyepeak made my day.

I'm sorry, but this is just bad advise--you have obviously missed the point. Keeping things stealth is not the issue. The issue is putting his parents home and freedom at jeopardy. It is just wrong!

hmm thats perfectly true !!!
but that is if he gets caught :/

Bad idea dude, Your parents worked hard to provide a roof over your head & theirs. Why would you want to jeopardize what they worked hard for just for some bud? Crozar, he will get caught, maybe not by the law but by his parents. You dont want your parents looking down on you, would you? NOT COOL!

if in a party you celeberate people will ask you where you got it tell them in a liquor store a man with an a special eyepeak made my day.

Uh...huh?:confused: :confused:

crozar said:

And to my understanding, mj cultivation carries a "very" sever penalty in your country crozar.
I'm saddly disapointed. I thought you were a "good" guy. My opinion has just drastically changed.
I can't believe the selfishness shown by some of this younger generation. It's disgusting.
Placing your parents or other family members in harms way. in order to satisfy "your" own petty desires in "unacceptable".
They are at risk of loosing their home, their freedom, their integrity. Any siblings would likely be placed in foster care, or other governmant care.

These are the people that have nurtured you, provided for you, put a roof over your head, and food in your self righteous belly. The vry ppl that you are suppose to "love" and cherish..."family"..And you are literally "throwing them UNDER the bus."

Ha i live with my parents ...LOL , but everyone who lives here is a pot head!!!:rofl:

computer07 said:
Ha i live with my parents ...LOL , but everyone who lives here is a pot head!!!:rofl:
If you have their consent, if they "know" and approve. THAT is an entirely different scenario. In that case, "they" have made the decisions. But I'm not sure that being 30 yrs old, and still living with your parents is something to boast about..:confused2:...;)

lol it seems as if almost everyone has the same opinions, but lass chance im not a minor so would my parents still get in trouble also if i did happen to get caught by the law? like if they didnt know about it wouldnt i be able to take all the blame?

Dont take that the wrond way i am totally made up on not growing in my parents house, im just trying to grasp the legal side of it too.... ;)

In my opinion it would be a bad idea. I started growing in my home where my wife and I live. She got so freaked out about getting busted, I had to stop. She lives there to and you have to think about the other people who live in the same home just out of respect for them. I'm not ashamed of what I do, but it is illeagle.

Latest posts

Back