Please need info on drip system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinDimension

Reaction score
Could someone possibly tell me how a drip system would work?
I was wondering if it drip 24/7 or a partial of the time,... stuff like that?

I am using soil too by the way.

I m trying to find a easy way to water multiple plants at a time.

I use a drip system on my rockwool cubes on slabs. I run 1/4" drip lines w/ an emitter to each plant. I use a timer to run a water pump placed in a 15 gal reservoir for 15 to 30 min durations either 4 or 5 times per day. I adjust the watering times and periods depending on the plants' needs. The only drawback is that it almost necessitates running one strain at a time.
The reservoir is plenty large enough with 4 plants to last at least one week and maybe two if the plants are smaller without needing to add water. I always change out the reservoir each week with new water and new nutes.

It is a simple and very sucessful system that has grown the best I've ever consistently smoked, but more importantly, it has grown with me.
I am planning to switch over to DWC this summer if I can figure out a suitable reservoir system for my needs. I think the trade off will be float valves and quick disconnect plumbing, vs timers and water pumps.

Cheers.

Thanks alot for replying.
What do you mean with an emitter to each plant? Whats an emitter?

Also i was looking up on DWC and its basically doing it hydroponic. If i did DWC i would have to use soil anymore right?

MD,
An emitter is the drip mechinism, or the misting 'gizmo', looks like a button, and are usually sold in gal/hr, or l/min, or whatever. Mine are US , and are 2 1/2 gal/hr drip emitters, one to each plant.
Cheers

MinDimension said:
Could someone possibly tell me how a drip system would work?
I was wondering if it drip 24/7 or a partial of the time,... stuff like that?

I am using soil too by the way.

I m trying to find a easy way to water multiple plants at a time.
This may be a few months late but thought I would answer you anyways
I run rockwool cubes on top of rockwool slabs
10 gal resevoir
I just use "T"'s and 90 degree tube connectors from the hydro store with tiny black hose from lowe's
$15 pump from hydro store
I run my nutes 24/7 plants will eat what they want so you cant overwater them.

I use 400W HPS for flower, 400w MH for veg.
Have stinky sticky buds in 6th week of flower right now.

Latest posts

Back