Plowing, Disking, and Tilling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasMonster

Reaction score
Well, my plant out date is Good Friday which falls on April 2nd of this year. I am going to plow, disk, and till my fields today. Gonna be an all day deal. I am already having folks pay for their share of vegetables in advance. Its gonna be a good year.

With any luck I will be able to afford a second tractor this year. I need a bigger one.

Its getting to be that time of year. So, I am going to smoke this bowl, then go put diesel in the ole tractor and get after it and maybe I will beat the heat.

Well, I went out there and was coming down for my second pass when it started raining. It was not raining hard but it was drizzling I guess. Enough to make me put the tractor back in the warehouse and walk back to the house. By the time I got to the house it had stopped.

So, I will smoke another bowl, and go back out there. I have all the windows up in the house and all the birds are singing. The radar doesnt have any showers showing, including the one that just happened.

We're of the same mind there Monster, I went out to my greenhouse this morning with the intention of tilling last years oak leaves in. 4 inches down I discovered that the ground was still frozen.
Be careful with that tractor in the rain friend. Around here tractor rollovers are a unfortunate reality, and constant nemissis. I'm sure you know, but many don't, that a tractor can flip without warning and people are seriously injured,sometimes killed, just trying to work thier land.
Take care.

burnin123 said:
man you keep smokeing those bowls and your never gonna get that field plowed:rofl:

Here:bong1: have another

Happy Farming

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well, the rain has won. Thats alright. It will dry up in a couple of days and I will get to it. I've got enough work in the shop to keep me paid and busy enough to keep me from getting bored.

This is the time of year that I start watching the fields and start planning on where, what, how, etc etc. Last year I was rewarded with a tomato contract from an area restaurant chef to be delivered this year. It sounds eggciting but the reality is that he just gets first pick and pays a little more. I still have to sell the rest or freeze or can them. Okra is always one of my favorites, grows itself too.

BigO said:
Been Getting the onion patch ready. Got 2 yards of cotton burr compost coming this weekend. I have always bought sets but this year since Ive got the lights and stuff Ive bought seeds off the internet ill make my own
You getting long day or short day onions? I am going to buy sets again. They are cheap and its easy.:D

BigO said:
My bad 1015 not k9 I believe k9 is a dog as far as onions go
check out
bexar-tx.tamu.edu/HomeHort/F4Best/nspringveg.htm
The 1015 is a favorite around here. They perform well

Latest posts

Back