position of charcoal filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-rex

Reaction score
It's been a while, life you know, it feels good talking to you guys. I learned so much from this great forum, that I have had virtually nothing come up I couldn't handle.
my question: can I drop the carbon can filter down to the floor level in the tent. Same dist. either way 3 ft. Will it work the same or cause any problems? My back is messed up, and I just can't keep mounting the can at the ceiling level.

Thanks always,
T

What do you mean "keep mounting it"? Don't you just have to mount it once and then just let it go?

yeah..I would think its mounted one time...unless you meen replacing the carbon...???...I would think that if ya placed the filter on the ground ..inside the tent you would take away growing space....why not place the filter outside the tent on the floor?..just my thoughts

:48:

Mine is on the floor and works fine. I think he's talking about mounting replacement filters.

The only problem that I see other than taking up floor space is that heat rises to the top of the space and that is what you want to remove. However, if you have good fans really stirring the air then it won't make a lot of difference. I understand having a bad back, I just had my 5th low back surgery 3weeks ago and I am still struggling with the recovery and trying to take care of my girls.

Another possibility for you if you have the space outside of the tent; build an air handling box to set your filter inside of, then pull an air hose from the top outlet of the tent down to the air handler box. Mount the fan on top of the filter, inside the box so that the air coming into the box gets pulled through the filter. Then you can run an exaust hose to remove the air from the room or just allow it to exaust into the room if that is how you are currently set up. :)

I have my carbon filter below my tent:D

Works great:aok:

bombbudpuffa said:
Mine is on the floor and works fine. I think he's

talking about mounting replacement filters.

Exactly! sorry about my choice of words. Thx
T:holysheep:

Latest posts

Back