Possible to grow indoor (tent) and flower outdoor? (greenhouse)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pontiff

Reaction score
Hi all,

Here in the southern hemisphere we are coming into winter... the outdoor season is over, harvests have been done and now its time to turn to other things.... but i had a thought.

I live on acreage and have a greenhoues that I use for outdoor growing during summer, but is it possible to veg some plants in a tent that i have then once grown place them in the greenhouse to flower? If so, is there a good seed that works well in cold climates (it'll flower during winter). i can block off bothe ends of the greenhouse to keep some warmth in, but it wont be ridiculously warm..

any thoughts / directions would be appreciated :):holysheep:.. okay.. so the sheep has nothing to do with anything, but my daughter loves shaun the sheep :)

As long as it doesn't freeze in there you should be just fine in. Do you have a potarble heater in there? You want your night temps to be in the 60-70 during the day and no cooler then 55 at night when you first start em.

BuddyLuv said:
As long as it doesn't freeze in there you should be just fine in. Do you have a potarble heater in there? You want your night temps to be in the 60-70 during the day and no cooler then 55 at night when you first start em.

hey mate... thanks for the info... it wont freeze 'in' there as the greenhouse can be closed off completely so it wont frost i would think.

The tent i would 'grow' them in is in the shed so the temp can be whatever i want it to be, but a heater in the greenhouse outside would be largely ineffective and hugely expensive hence i was hoping to 'let them run their course' with the only interaction with me being watering them.

Where i am in Oz (south) it can get to 1-2c overnight (35-36f) but as i say, thats outside air temp, insite the greenhouse it would be a few degrees higher than that and without the frost element.

about the 12 hour mark... but according to the net its about 10 hours.

So you are going to veg inside and flower out. Are your days getting longer or shorter. You will need to get them out there asap becuase when the days start getting longer the plant will sense it and will stop budding and then try and reveg.

shorter....
when growing outdoor i put clones out in the last week of september 2 grows ago and they went to flower and didnt come out until december... last year (puled up a few weeks ago) i put them out on the 1st of november and they still went to flower (i believe they were bc big bud) and they still flowered (but for a shorter time), so this year ill put them out in december... but suffice to say, it would appear i have a while of flowering beofre they try to re-veg.

I say go for it then. I am from the North so everything is the opposite up here. I am just putting the girls out for the summer.

how do you ever get plants to finish outdoors up north. im right bout brder of canada an my last year outdoor fell short by few weeks even.

the right strain. I am just across the lake from CA. You need a heavy Indica or short flowering Afghani if you want to pull a decent crop.

i'll definately note that down in case i ever decide to try outdoors again.
i like the idea of the free giant MH an HPS in the sky
the part i dont like but outdoor is i gott go guerilla style here. and carry in water all the time.

Latest posts

Back