Posting Pot Pictures Lands Man In Jail

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still here, and plugging away Hick. lol. lol...

alright. heres a tip on uploading photos here. before you upload to the site, or any site, view your photos carefully for anything that can identify you, like unopened mail laying around, a vehicles tag #, even a vehicle, a street sign, your hand, palm, finger prints. the front of your residence.:doh: your mug, or other fam members.(last month, a dude here posed beside his sats afield, full mug.:eek: . he was proud , i guess.).

i post alot of pics here, nearing 500 in gallery. i am careful to not give out identifying markers, tats, scars, 'lil womans tats, scars.;) . (you may catch a glimpse of my slippers once in awhile.:rolleyes: ...lol.lol...

we should appoint someone to view all gallery pics for this type of erradic pic posting. if there are identifiers, inform the person through pm of the chance they are taking.:cool: ...

even posting pics of your pets is a possible slam dunk if someone notices that special pet pic as yours...i am guilty of this one. but then again, how many horses are there in the world?:rolleyes: ...(i wanted to tell y'all our new born colts name we came up with so bad, but refrained, cause it is a registered colt. that could be a big ooops.)...

you got to stop, and think through the Haze, before posting pics. simple. if there is an identifier, simply edit it out, then post...

a back drop is an excellent choice for taking your pics. you choose what is seen to the exact pixel. (it can also bring out that special color your trying to convey.)...

alls i'm saying, is be aware of your surroundings when shuttering. these simple rules may save you the pain 'ol knuckle head Mango is facing. capeche?...Irish...

IRISH said:
we should appoint someone to view all gallery pics for this type of erradic pic posting. if there are identifiers, inform the person through pm of the chance they are taking.:cool: ...

I very much agree with this. Always protect your own. I think a few volunteers would be needed to keep up.

IRISH said:
still here, and plugging away Hick. lol. lol...

alright. heres a tip on uploading photos here. before you upload to the site, or any site, view your photos carefully for anything that can identify you, like unopened mail laying around, a vehicles tag #, even a vehicle, a street sign, your hand, palm, finger prints. the front of your residence.:doh: your mug, or other fam members.(last month, a dude here posed beside his sats afield, full mug.:eek: . he was proud , i guess.).

i post alot of pics here, nearing 500 in gallery. i am careful to not give out identifying markers, tats, scars, 'lil womans tats, scars.;) . (you may catch a glimpse of my slippers once in awhile.:rolleyes: ...lol.lol...

even posting pics of your pets is a possible slam dunk if someone notices that special pet pic as yours...i am guilty of this one. but then again, how many horses are there in the world?:rolleyes: ...(i wanted to tell y'all our new born colts name we came up with so bad, but refrained, cause it is a registered colt. that could be a big ooops.)...

you got to stop, and think through the Haze, before posting pics. simple. if there is an identifier, simply edit it out, then post...

a back drop is an excellent choice for taking your pics. you choose what is seen to the exact pixel. (it can also bring out that special color your trying to convey.)...

alls i'm saying, is be aware of your surroundings when shuttering. these simple rules may save you the pain 'ol knuckle head Mango is facing. capeche?...Irish...
THANKS irish. All good points and if you really think about it, only good common sense. You would be surprised at how many I have warned about posting their facebook or myspace page in their profile.
We have stickies regarding security and anonymity that everyone should take the time to read. Even the rules address posting pictures containing revealing information.
When it all boils down, MP does "what we can" to protect the members. But in all reality, it is wasted if members fail to protect themselves. Your internet security is your individual responsibility.

.............another thought just came to me. Painterdudes art studio thread is loaded up with some rather...'unique' artworks, that "could" in essence be easily cross referenced to members user names and their grows/journals if the art were recognized.
I think ppl tend to become complacent and don't fully think things entirely through, when they believe they are among and sharing with friends.

gotcha. right dat. right dat...:cool: ...

the guy i was talking about earlier, showing his mug? it was about 3AM, and he was all flexing his chicken chest out in front of one of the most beautiful sats i ever seen. lol. lol. this thing rivaled old hippies monsters. lol. he was deffinately proud.:p ...

i told him he needed to lose the mug shot before leo set up on him, and come back with some clean pics. he deleted the pics, and never returned.:confused2: :joint: ...

I had thought the same thing when I discovered "Meds" was doing a glass shop banner and possibly selling art pieces to forum members. It seems awfully risky to me, ( that has'nt stopped me from from following along and enjoying the education) but I can only imagine he's considdered all the possible ramifications.
I would have to assume that because "our way of llife" is'nt accepted by the parties in power, we tend to associate almost exclusively with others who enjoy marijuana and become insular. Sometimes we don't considder the actual consequences.
All it takes is a slighted friend, ex lover, or an overly zealous do-gooder, and you, I, we, could find our behinds in a cage.
Carefull, carefull, carefull....
Best of luck to all.

I think Hick is partially right. Security is our personally responsibility.

That would include choosing the right forums to post in. I have put partial trust in MarP forums and administrators.

There are always new threats that are emerging on a regular basis. Every piece of software is a possible entry point into the system. I have not ran a forum before, but, recently I had too many threads hijacked and decided to consider my own forum.

From the looks of it I would need a SQL server, PHP, Web Server and a forum application/server. These are many of the items that are continually reverse engineered and fuzzed for exploitable bugs.

All anyone needs to do is determine what software is running and use the various database of exploits and payloads to get in and drop a rootkit.

This was one of my original concerns when the THANKS button disappeared among many other system configuration changes.

In the end I believe security is all of our jobs. We have to trust the servers/software, administrators, and many others.

If at worst you should access the site of concern from a location that will not easily link you.

As for myself, I am semi-legal, have trust in the administrators that I have communicated with and I know it is not worth the time for anyone to track and snag my plants.

i just looked at the guys profile on Rollitup and well he states hes from Jacksonville on his profile. reading through a post seems his last post at that, he was posting pics but he says his girlfriends mom came over (posted this on 10-25-09). not sure whether or not if she ratted him or not. After all the mom could of told her daughter to goto the police then the police got at the daughter and well he gets caught. sounds like a security problem to me. Not only that but he was growing in an apartment so...

but he was growing in an apartment so...
personally i dont think i would/could ever be that risky with having wall to wall neighbors. an such.
i lived in an apartment once when younger and never again. i mean you pay now adays upwards to 1500$ a month for a real nice 3 bedroom in lotta places only to hear complaining and peopel yelling and noise and have to watch everythin you do etc etc.. :hairpull: to those you who live in apartments i dont know how you put up wit it. lol

zipflip said:
personally i dont think i would/could ever be that risky with having wall to wall neighbors. an such.
i lived in an apartment once when younger and never again. i mean you pay now adays upwards to 1500$ a month for a real nice 3 bedroom in lotta places only to hear complaining and peopel yelling and noise and have to watch everythin you do etc etc.. :hairpull: to those you who live in apartments i dont know how you put up wit it. lol

IMO, the biggest risk with apartments is not that you have neighbors, but that you have a landlord that can enter your apartment anytime for an emergency. Many apartment complexes also have regular maintenance inspections. Although you are notified of these, you would have to have your grow put up. And, if your power is paid by the landlord, any large jump would be suspect.

I have total respect for what we all have gone thru before "legalization"....

And with what you folks have to deal with even now, with repect to worrying about getting caught.....

BUT here in the Bay Area, even though it's basically a non issue...there are stil the two big rules that I follow when it comes to my gows:

1. I don't grow on a rental property unless the landlord is totally down with it..(can be in direct conflict with rule #2)......

2.TELL NO ONE...not so much for LEO, but because we have trash (thieves) just like everywhere else....

even though things are waaay lax here in the Bay, I never post with any identifiable pics or info...just a good habit

But one thing we all have to do, no matter where we live, is BE SAFE..

:)

It's things like this that in a small way make me happy I am no longer growing. I miss it and all but, after I got ridda my babies I did feel a giant weight (that j didn't altogether realiz was there) lifted off my shoulders. I just wish I got the chance to at least try out what I grew :( but that's better then a jail cell IMO. Be safe growers, and smokers.... Keep fighting the good fight.

the chef said:
I know were secure but still what if?

I know I`m not the sharpest knife in the drawer, when it comes to tech security questions and matters, but when I add an `s`to the `http`part of this site`s url, the server cannot find this site`s homepage. So, am I missing something key about the security of this site? How is it more secure, for example, than the Rolliup site, or any other online cannabis community, apart from our practice of not direct linking to external sites? Thanks. - RT

Shockeclipse said:
It's things like this that in a small way make me happy I am no longer growing. I miss it and all but, after I got ridda my babies I did feel a giant weight (that j didn't altogether realiz was there) lifted off my shoulders. I just wish I got the chance to at least try out what I grew :( but that's better then a jail cell IMO.

How many babies were you raisin` anyway, if you don`t mind my being so nosey? - RT

For the first 1-1/2 I was thinking about growing I was afraid to look through this site and many others like it. I never ever thought that I would post pics here or anywhere else for that matter.
Then I started looking around at all the people that I know that do grow, what I noticed was that the ones that were leagal where not nearly as freaked out as the ones that aren't. I must admit I had a real hard time giving my information up to any state agency to become leagal, I think that was the hardest part for me. Once I did I was so glade that I went through the classes and such that go along with becomming a leagal medical toker/grower. I learned through those classes that growing weed is just that, and should be viewed as such.
Now that does not mean that it can't land your but in jail for this way of thinking, been there. I did a two year bit of a three year sentence in Chino for this very way of thinking back in the early 90's. I was lucky as hell that they never caught onto my little garden. I met many guys that got 20 year sentences for growing back then. Meth labs and weed gardeners got about the same time and were considered about the same in the eyes of the law durring the war on drugs.
What I have realized in the past few years is that pot prohabition is just about all but over in some places in the US. At least where I live there are 30-50 people a week getting there medical marijuana cards, the grow shops are making more money than the dealers. There is literally a gold rush of new growers that you would only know about if you are in the loop so to speak.
It's nothing short of a modern day gold rush to grow pot. Lawyers are winning cases by the day where the cops have kicked someones doors down and are now having to pay big time because they where leagal. It's to the point where the cops are literally afraid to bust a grower that is leagal.
All this being said I know that my lawyer says that if you jump through there hoops and stay under 99 plants (no matter what the state law says) that he will get you off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist, as long as you follow certain guidlines.
Stay away from thiefs and stolen property, hard dope, register you guns and give them absolutely nothing to come after you for.
Now I'm not saying that this is the case in every state by any means but at least where I live, I'm way more afraid of pot thiefs than pot cops, period.
So I say find a good doctor and a good lawyer and let them kiss all of our buts. If they really want to try to wast taxpayers money to try to take my meds away (a frickin weed) by finding pics of my plants on the net, bring it on. My lawyer will be happy to win and they will have to pay, not me.
Be smart, be safe, but I say to hell with being afraid to be who we are, we are just people that grow and smoke a weed ....for medical purposes. So I say cover your but, get leagal and grow baby grow.
That's my two cents anyway.
This site rocks and this place is the best thing that ever happened to all of us new growers that have much to learn about how to grow killer meds. I thanks each and everone of you for having the balls to share all of your great secrets and info with us green horn growers.
Thanks Again, Peace!!!
MBT

PS If anybody knows how to set up a some sort of a fund to get the kid at the top of this thread a good lawyer, I'd be happy to throw in five bucks.

Shockeclipse said:

Have you ever heard of anyone in your state getting jail/prison time for five plants? Or how about just one big plant? Have you ever heard of, or personally known anyone that went to jail for flowering one big plant?

I'm just curious, because you can grow one monster of a plant using the 'Krusty Freedom Buckets' method. Many have used this style of growing to produce monster plants indoors that yield up to two pounds per plant. I've even read of one BC Hashplant grown indoors that allegedly yielded about 4 lbs of bud. - RT

i just googled mango marijuana and got this.........hxxp://www.google.com/search?source...1T4GFRE_enUS326US326&q=sticky+mango+marijuana after click on that i clicked on...

>> KC Brains Mango [Archive] - Growing Marijuana Forum 20 posts - 13 authors - Last post: Aug 14, 2008 <(clickable website) then this comes up..... http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-22486.html
then i click on the highlighted title (also clickable) "KC BRAINS MANGO" AND THIS forum we're talking on comes up.........

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22486

hmmmmmmmm

Latest posts

Back