potency problems!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dreadscale said:
Hi All :ignore:

I'm new here but ZOOMED right in on this post.

I am definitely no expert on growing. I do know you will get higher content in the buds, from cloned plants VS seed plants.

I'm not saying seed plants aren't potent but if you clone one, the next generation will be of higher content.

Seedlings have to mature for an excessive amount of time, IMO. to produce anything near the quality of cloned buds.

That's just my 2cents.

GOOD LUCK

Not sure if I agree with all of that, I do grow from clones but have always thought they degenerate over time not get better.

Cloning and cloning clones will eventually result in a degeneration of genetics. I prefer seeds and mothers from seed. I will only take clones from a mother from seed.

I never clone clones. I feel like I am inbreeding, or playing with fire at the least.

I have had many problems with cloning clones in the past, seems the more you clone the weaker the strains get. I feel this is a result of radical hormone changes. After all you are using the same plant...over and over again.

Folks, I'm not talking about cloning from clones.

I keep a Host plant for up to a couple of years and take clones from her.

Each clone is a genetic duplicate of the Host. It will be identical to the host in every single way.

If you take a clone from a clone, at about 11 to 13 levels, it degrades in one grow. This is a well known, but little understood fact with MJ. The Botanists don't have a clue why this happens, but you can set your clock by it. It's always the same generation, but I don't remember which it is. I know it's either 11, 12 or 13 generations.

Until that generation is reached, the results will be identical for each grow, given the same parameters.

Plant don't like excessive nitrogen during flowering, and with all those MG products you used (soil and nutes) I'm betting this is what happened. Plants don't like to put too much energy into flowering when they have lots of nitrogen, but they sure will look nice and green. I bet this is why your plants looked great then smoked bad, they had all kinds of N to look pretty with, but too much to grow good smoke with. Get some nutes with MJ in mind for your next grow I say...

blancolighter said:
LOL indeed, ha man must I have been high last night....
Dude! Must I have been too! I so was high, was I floatin. Dude! I come didn't down until midnight after. hehe mybad :hubba: :D

I'm going to take a shot in the dark with this one so don't be offended. i haven't seen it addressed and nothing else makes since.

Are you sure you know what trichomes are? Are you chopping when your hairs are 50%amber and not the glands?

Edit: woops i was high too... POTUS, the clone death may be a mechanism related to the strip of apoctosis controllers at the end of every piece of dna. i remember from bio that there is a section at the end of the dna chain that looses exactly 1 unit every time it divides, so that at certain point it has no units and can no longer be copied. Cancer cells are simply cells missing this section so they lack the ability to kill themselves. I'm sure it isnt the same but it may be similar/related.

hahahahahaha im not high, but this would be even funnier if i was

Latest posts

Back