Potent Hard Candies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420NewbieRoyce

Reaction score
I recently made hard candies with my super kick *** Nurse Larry oil which is very very potent on its own. I tried 4 batches of hard candy, basically sugar, water, oil extract for flavor and two tablespoons of NL oil. The candies where nice and hard just like I wanted them, but no potency at all!!! I smoke a lot so I had my mother try them and absolutely nothing.What am I doing wrong. The herb was decarboxylated (however you spell it) and I followed the right steps to make hard candy. Where did i screw it up at, thanks for the help peeps!

I make hard candies similar but use bho oil. I use about 2.5 grams per batch and that about does it right for how potent they are. Not sure what your 2 tablespoons of oil equals to. Also when you put the oil in, you didn't continue to boil it off did you? Once my mix reaches hard crack, 320 degrees, I shut off the cook top, add my oil and gently stir it in and let the simmering boil mix it evenly. Hope that helps if any.

I would suspect that things got too hot. IMO, 325F is about as hot as you want things to get and not destroy the THC.

Commenting on this the other day got me motivated to make a batch. Pulling the recipe out I was wrong saying 325. As soon as I hit 300 degrees is when I pull it off the cooktop and add the bho to the mix, gently wisk, then immediately poor into the molds.

I wouldn't mind having a jolly rancher or a charms blow pop THCed

Latest posts

Back